Table of Contents
Rafael Devers has 98 RBI this season, and will try to collect his 100th when his Boston Red Sox (75-78) play the Chicago White Sox (58-95) on Friday at 7:10 PM ET. The Red Sox are favored (-219) over the White Sox (+180). Chris Sale starts for Boston while Chicago will counter with Touki Toussaint.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Red Sox vs. White Sox
- Game Day: Friday, September 22, 2023
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Stadium: Fenway Park
How Do I Watch the Red Sox vs. the White Sox?
- TV Channel: NESN
Red Sox Stats & Trends
Red Sox Batting
- The Red Sox are 16th in MLB action with 178 total home runs.
- Boston is third in the majors with a .261 batting average.
- The Red Sox are 10th in baseball with an on-base percentage of .327.
- Boston strikes out 8.4 times per game to rank 13th in baseball.
- The Red Sox average 1.1 homers per home game this season (87 total at home).
- Boston has a .459 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.6 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the club averages 9.7 hits per game and is batting .282.
Red Sox Key Batters
- Devers leads Boston with 151 hits and a team-best slugging percentage of .514. He’s batting .274 with an on-base percentage of .354.
- Among qualified hitters in the majors, he is 37th in batting average, 33rd in on-base percentage, and 12th in slugging.
- Justin Turner is batting .280 with 30 doubles, 23 home runs and 51 walks, while slugging .467 with an on-base percentage of .351.
- His batting average is 21st among qualified players, his on-base percentage 37th, and his slugging percentage 48th.
- Masataka Yoshida has collected 145 base hits, an OBP of .337 and a slugging percentage of .442 this season.
- Alex Verdugo has 13 home runs, 54 RBI and a batting average of .266 this season.
White Sox Stats & Trends
White Sox Batting
- The White Sox rank 19th in Major League Baseball with 164 home runs.
- Chicago has a team batting average of .240 this season, which ranks 23rd among MLB teams.
- The White Sox have an OBP of just .294 this season, which ranks last in MLB.
- Chicago ranks 18th in strikeouts per game (8.7) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 1.1 home runs per game in their 78 road contests this season.
- In 78 road games this season, it is slugging .389 with 229 hits going for extra bases.
- In 78 road games this season, they have a batting average of .237 while averaging 8.2 base hits per contest.
White Sox Key Batters
- Luis Robert has accumulated a slugging percentage of .541 and has 142 hits, both team-best marks for the White Sox. He’s batting .264 and with an on-base percentage of .315.
- Including all qualified hitters in the big leagues, his batting average places him 63rd, his on-base percentage is 101st, and he is seventh in slugging.
- Andrew Vaughn has 29 doubles, two triples, 20 home runs and 33 walks while hitting .262. He’s slugging .436 with an on-base percentage of .317.
- Including all qualified hitters, he is 74th in batting average, 98th in on-base percentage and 73rd in slugging percentage.
- Andrew Benintendi has accumulated a team-best OBP (.329) and slugging percentage (.360).
- Eloy Jimenez is hitting .269 with 21 doubles, 17 home runs and 28 walks.
Red Sox vs. White Sox Probable Pitchers
|Chris Sale (BOS)||Pitcher||Touki Toussaint (CHW)|
|6 – 4||W/L||4 – 7|
Red Sox vs. White Sox Injury Updates
- Red Sox: Triston Casas: 10 Day IL (Shouder), James Paxton: 15 Day IL (Knee), Joely Rodriguez: 15 Day IL (Hip), Corey Kluber: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Kaleb Ort: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Zack Kelly: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Jarren Duran: 60 Day IL (Toe), Wyatt Mills: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Adalberto Mondesi: 60 Day IL (Knee), Kenley Jansen: 7 Day IL (Covid-19), Luis Urías: day-to-day (Calf)
- White Sox: Jimmy Lambert: 15 Day IL (Ankle), Gregory Santos: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Declan Cronin: 15 Day IL (Hand), Liam Hendriks: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Romy Gonzalez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Matt Foster: 60 Day IL (Forearm)