Table of Contents
The Minnesota Twins (82-72) carry a three-game win streak into a home contest against the Los Angeles Angels (69-85) on Saturday at 2:10 PM ET. The Twins are favored (-217) over the Angels (+179). Minnesota has Sonny Gray set to start, and Los Angeles counters with Kenny Rosenberg.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Twins vs. Angels
- Game Day: Saturday, September 23, 2023
- Game Time: 2:10 PM ET
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Stadium: Target Field
How Do I Watch the Twins vs. the Angels?
- TV Channel: BSN
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins average 1.4 home runs per game to rank fourth in baseball with 219 total home runs.
- Minnesota is 22nd in MLB with a .241 batting average.
- The Twins rank 13th in baseball with a .323 on-base percentage.
- Minnesota’s 10.3 strikeouts per game are the most in the majors.
- The Twins average 1.5 homers per game when playing at home this season (111 total in home outings).
- Minnesota has a .448 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.5 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team is batting .248 with 621 hits (8.2 per game) at home this season.
Twins Key Batters
- Max Kepler is batting .251 with 21 doubles, two triples, 22 home runs and 42 walks. He has an on-base percentage of .323 and a slugging percentage of .469.
- Willi Castro is batting .252 with 18 doubles, five triples, nine home runs and 28 walks. He’s slugging .413 with an on-base percentage of .326.
- Castro enters this game looking to extend his three-game hit streak. In his last five games he is hitting .238 with a triple, two home runs, a walk and three RBI.
- Edouard Julien is batting .262 with a .450 slugging percentage and 32 RBI this year.
- Jorge Polanco has been key for Minnesota with 75 hits, an OBP of .343 plus a slugging percentage of .460.
- Polanco heads into this game on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is batting .238 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and five RBI.
Angels Stats & Trends
- The Angels’ 223 home runs rank third in Major League Baseball.
- Los Angeles has a team batting average of .245 this season, which ranks 18th among MLB teams.
- The Angels have the 18th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.318).
- Los Angeles ranks just 28th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 9.4 whiffs per contest.
- In 79 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 106 homers, an average of 1.3 per contest.
- Los Angeles has a team slugging percentage of .424 in away games this season with 243 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 8.8 base hits per game and batting .254 on the road this season.
Angels Key Batters
- Brandon Drury is hitting .259 with 26 doubles, three triples, 23 home runs and 25 walks. He’s slugging .482 with an on-base percentage of .305.
- Including all the qualified hitters in MLB, he ranks 78th in batting average, 118th in on-base percentage and 32nd in slugging percentage.
- Randal Grichuk is batting .272 with 27 doubles, two triples, 15 home runs and 28 walks. He’s slugging .461 with an on-base percentage of .327.
- C.J. Cron is batting .248 with 12 doubles, 12 home runs and 17 walks.
- Zach Neto is batting .223 with 15 doubles, nine home runs and 17 walks.
Twins vs. Angels Probable Pitchers
|Sonny Gray (MIN)||Pitcher||Kenny Rosenberg (LAA)|
|8 – 7||W/L||1 – 2|
Twins vs. Angels Injury Updates
- Twins: Royce Lewis: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Byron Buxton: 10 Day IL (Hamstring), Joey Gallo: 10 Day IL (Foot), Brock Stewart: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Tyler Mahle: 60 Day IL (Arm), Oliver Ortega: 60 Day IL (Back), Jorge Alcala: 60 Day IL (Forearm), José De León: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Nick Gordon: 60 Day IL (Shin), Jose Miranda: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Chris Paddack: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Matt Canterino: 60 Day IL (Undisclosed), Carlos Correa: day-to-day (Foot)
- Angels: Mike Trout: 10 Day IL (Hand), Mickey Moniak: 10 Day IL (Back), Mike Moustakas: 10 Day IL (Forearm), Shohei Ohtani: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Jaime Barria: 15 Day IL (Hamstring), Aaron Loup: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Sam Bachman: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Austin Warren: 60 Day IL (Elbow), José Quijada: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Taylor Ward: 60 Day IL (Face), Luis Rengifo: 60 Day IL (Biceps), Anthony Rendon: 60 Day IL (Shin), Gio Urshela: 60 Day IL (Pelvis), Kyren Paris: 60 Day IL (Thumb), Chris Rodriguez: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Chase Silseth: 7 Day IL (Head)