Table of Contents
The Cincinnati Reds (80-77) will look to Noelvi Marte, who is currently on an 11-game hitting streak, when they take on the Cleveland Guardians (74-83). The Reds are favored (-112) for this matchup against the Guardians (-108), which begins at 6:10 PM ET on Tuesday at Progressive Field. Hunter Greene starts for Cincinnati, and Lucas Giolito is Cleveland’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Reds vs. Guardians
- Game Day: Tuesday, September 26, 2023
- Game Time: 6:10 PM ET
- Location: Cleveland, Ohio
- Stadium: Progressive Field
How Do I Watch the Reds vs. the Guardians?
- TV Channel: BSGL
Reds Stats & Trends
- The Reds are 15th in MLB action with 184 home runs. They average 1.2 per game.
- Cincinnati is 16th in MLB with a .248 batting average.
- The Reds are 11th in MLB with an on-base percentage of .326.
- Cincinnati’s batters strike out 9.2 times per game, the 26th-most in the majors.
- The Reds have hit 76 homers away from home this season (1.0 per game).
- Cincinnati has a .401 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.0 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- The club averages 8.7 hits per game and is batting .250 on the road this season.
Reds Key Batters
- Spencer Steer leads Cincinnati OPS (.813) this season. He has a .270 batting average, an on-base percentage of .357, and a slugging percentage of .456.
- Among qualified hitters in the majors, he ranks 47th in batting average, 30th in on-base percentage, and 58th in slugging.
- TJ Friedl leads Cincinnati with 132 hits. He is batting .280 this season and has 46 extra-base hits. He’s also slugging .467 with an on-base percentage of .353.
- Among all qualified, he ranks 23rd in batting average, 34th in on-base percentage and 46th in slugging percentage.
- Friedl enters this game looking to extend his six-game hit streak. In his last 10 games he is batting .375 with a double, four home runs, eight walks and eight RBI.
- Jonathan India has collected 106 base hits, an OBP of .334 and a slugging percentage of .400 this season.
- India takes a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .176 with a double, five walks and an RBI.
- Jake Fraley has 15 home runs, 65 RBI and a batting average of .259 this season.
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians rank last in Major League Baseball with just 118 home runs as a team.
- Cleveland has a team batting average of .249 this season, which ranks 15th among MLB teams.
- The Guardians have an OBP of .312 this season, which ranks 24th in MLB.
- Cleveland is the best at avoiding strikeouts in MLB this season with only 1104 as a team.
- They have averaged 0.6 home runs per game in their 79 home contests this season.
- Cleveland is slugging .374 in 79 home games this season.
- In 79 home games this season, they have a batting average of .247 while averaging 8.2 base hits per contest.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez has racked up 165 hits with a .353 on-base percentage, leading the Guardians in both categories. He’s batting .279 and slugging .477.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in the majors, he is 24th in batting average, 34th in on-base percentage and 35th in slugging percentage.
- Steven Kwan’s .376 slugging percentage leads his team. He has a batting average of .272 with an on-base percentage of .344.
- Including all qualifying hitters, his batting average places him 43rd, his on-base percentage ranks 45th, and he is 118th in slugging.
- Josh Naylor has 29 doubles, 17 home runs and 31 walks while hitting .309.
- Andres Gimenez is hitting .250 with 27 doubles, five triples, 14 home runs and 32 walks.
Reds vs. Guardians Probable Pitchers
|Hunter Greene (CIN)||Pitcher||Lucas Giolito (CLE)|
|4 – 6||W/L||8 – 14|
Reds vs. Guardians Injury Updates
- Reds: Harrison Bader: 10 Day IL (Groin), Matt McLain: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Curt Casali: 10 Day IL (Foot), Kevin Newman: 10 Day IL (Oblique), Tejay Antone: 15 Day IL (Elbow), Graham Ashcraft: 60 Day IL (Toe), Nick Lodolo: 60 Day IL (Calf), Reiver Sanmartin: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Connor Overton: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Vladimir Gutierrez: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Justin Dunn: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)
- Guardians: Logan Allen: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Tanner Bibee: 60 Day IL (Hip), Bo Naylor: day-to-day (Thumb), Gabriel Arias: day-to-day (Undisclosed)