Table of Contents
The New England Patriots (0-2) take on a familiar opponent when they visit the New York Jets (1-1) on Sunday, September 24, 2023 at MetLife Stadium in an AFC East showdown.
The Patriots ranked 26th in total offense (314.6 yards per game) and eighth in total defense (322 yards allowed per game) last year. Defensively, the Jets were a top-five unit last season, ranking fourth-best by allowing just 311.1 yards per game. They ranked 25th on offense (318.2 yards per game).
Patriots vs. Jets Picks
Currently, 60.3% of Splash Inc. users are picking the Patriots to win and 57.5% have picked them to cover the 2.5-point spread as well against the Jets on Sunday.
Game Info: Patriots vs. Jets
- Game Day: Sunday, September 24, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS
- Location: East Rutherford, New Jersey
- Stadium: MetLife Stadium
Read the betting trends and insights below before making a wager on Sunday’s New England-New York spread (New England -2.5) or total (35 points).
Game Trends for Patriots
- The Patriots covered seven times in 17 games with a spread last season.
- The Patriots had an ATS record of 5-2-1 when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites last season.
- Patriots games hit the over eight out of 17 times last season.
Stats & Insights for Patriots
- Last year, the Patriots put up just 2.8 more points per game (21.4) than the Jets surrendered (18.6).
- The Patriots averaged only 3.5 more yards per game (314.6) than the Jets allowed per matchup (311.1) last season.
- The Patriots rushed for 106.6 yards per game last year, 15 fewer than the 121.6 the Jets allowed per outing.
- The Patriots turned the ball over seven more times (23 total) than the Jets forced a turnover (16) last year.
Best Players for Patriots
- Mac Jones: 2,997 PASS YDS / 214.1 YPG / 65.2% / 14 TD / 11 INT
- Rhamondre Stevenson: 210 CAR / 1,040 YDS / 61.2 YPG / 5 TD / 69 REC / 421 YDS / 24.8 YPG / 1 TD
- Ezekiel Elliott: 231 CAR / 876 YDS / 58.4 YPG / 12 TD / 17 REC / 92 YDS / 6.1 YPG / 0 TD
- JuJu Smith-Schuster: 78 REC / 933 YDS / 58.3 YPG / 3 TD
- DeVante Parker: 31 REC / 539 YDS / 44.9 YPG / 3 TD
- Hunter Henry: 41 REC / 509 YDS / 31.8 YPG / 2 TD
- Ja’Whaun Bentley: 122 TKL / 5 TFL / 3 SACK / 1 INT / 2 PD
Game Trends for Jets
- The Jets had eight wins in 17 games against the spread last season.
- As 2.5-point underdogs or more, the Jets went 6-6 against the spread last year.
- Out of the 17 Jets’ games last year, five went over the total.
Stats & Insights for Jets
- The Jets racked up 17.4 points per game last year, three fewer than the Patriots surrendered (20.4).
- The Jets averaged just 3.8 fewer yards per game (318.2) than the Patriots gave up per outing (322) last year.
- The Jets rushed for 99.2 yards per game last year, just 6.3 fewer yards than the 105.5 the Patriots allowed per outing.
- The Jets turned the ball over 23 times last year, seven fewer times than the Patriots forced turnovers (30).
Best Players for Jets
- Dalvin Cook: 264 CAR / 1,173 YDS / 69 YPG / 8 TD / 39 REC / 295 YDS / 17.4 YPG / 2 TD
- Breece Hall: 80 CAR / 463 YDS / 66.1 YPG / 4 TD / 19 REC / 218 YDS / 31.1 YPG / 1 TD
- Garrett Wilson: 83 REC / 1,103 YDS / 64.9 YPG / 4 TD
- Allen Lazard: 60 REC / 788 YDS / 52.5 YPG / 6 TD
- Tyler Conklin: 58 REC / 552 YDS / 32.5 YPG / 3 TD
- C.J. Mosley: 158 TKL / 5 TFL / 1 SACK / 1 INT / 7 PD