Table of Contents
Terrell Vaughn will lead the Utah State Aggies (1-3) into their matchup versus the UConn Huskies (0-4) at Pratt and Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field on Saturday at 12:00 PM ET.
The Aggies are the favorites (-6) in their game versus the Huskies, with the over/under at 51 points. (On the moneyline, the Aggies are -227 and the Huskies are +187.)
Game Info for Utah State vs. UConn
- Game Day: Saturday, September 30, 2023
- Game Time: 12:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS Sports Network
- Location: East Hartford, Connecticut
- Stadium: Pratt and Whitney Stadium at Rentschler Field
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Utah State Pick Insights
- Utah State is 1-2-0 against the spread this season.
- Two of Utah State’s three games with a set total have hit the over (66.7%).
Utah State Stats & Insights
- Utah State is putting up 430.5 yards per game on offense (44th in the FBS), and rank 103rd on defense, yielding 412 yards allowed per game.
- Utah State has the 26th-ranked scoring offense this season (37.8 points per game), and has been less effective defensively, ranking 18th-worst with 34 points allowed per game.
- Utah State ranks 42nd in pass offense (268.5 passing yards per game) and 90th in pass defense (241.8 passing yards allowed per game) this season.
- On offense, Utah State ranks 61st in the FBS with 162 rushing yards per game. Meanwhile, the defensive unit ranks 104th in rushing yards allowed per contest (170.3).
- Utah State is putting up a 35.7% third-down conversion rate on offense (102nd in the FBS), and ranks 95th on the other side of the ball with a 43.1% third-down conversion rate allowed.
- With eight forced turnovers (18th in the FBS) against six turnovers committed (69th in the FBS), Utah State’s +2+2 turnover margin ranks 34th in college football.
Utah State’s Best Players
- McCae Hillstead has compiled 619 yards (154.8 ypg) on 46-of-79 passing with seven touchdowns compared to three interceptions this season.
- Davon Booth has 238 rushing yards on 42 carries with two touchdowns.
- Rahsul Faison has piled up 191 yards on 20 carries, scoring one time.
- Vaughn’s leads his squad with 351 yards as a receiver. He’s racked up that yardage on 39 receptions (out of 55 targets) and scored six touchdowns.
- Micah Davis has caught 10 passes for 235 yards (58.8 yards per game) and three touchdowns this year.
- Jalen Royals has been the target of 29 passes and compiled 19 catches for 197 yards, an average of 49.3 yards per contest. He’s found the end zone two times through the air this season.
- Cole Joyce has two sacks to pace the team, and also has two TFL and 14 tackles.
- MJ Tafisi is the team’s leading tackler this year. He’s picked up 28 tackles and two TFL.
- Anthony Switzer has a team-leading one interception to go along with 15 tackles and one pass defended.
UConn Betting Insights
- UConn is 1-3-0 against the spread this season.
- UConn has a 1-1 record against the spread when an underdog by 6 points or more this year.
- One of UConn’s four games with a set total has hit the over (25%).
UConn Pick Insights
- UConn has been sputtering on offense, ranking ninth-worst with 286.3 total yards per game. It has been more productive on defense, giving up 361 total yards per contest (68th-ranked).
- UConn’s offense has been a bottom-25 unit this season, compiling 13 points per game, which ranks third-worst in the FBS. On defense, it ranks 106th with 31 points ceded per contest.
- UConn ranks 18th-worst in passing yards per game (168.3), but it has been better defensively, ranking 52nd in the FBS with 207.8 passing yards ceded per contest.
- With 118 rushing yards per game on offense, UConn ranks 107th in the FBS. Defensively it ranks 94th, surrendering 153.3 rushing yards per game.
- With a 40.3% third-down conversion rate on offense, UConn ranks 74th in the FBS. On defense, it ranks 86th, allowing a 41.4% third-down rate.
- UConn has not done well in terms of turnovers, as its turnover margin of -5 is 12th-worst in the FBS.
UConn’s Best Players
- Ta’Quan Roberson has compiled 500 yards on 52.2% passing while recording three touchdown passes with one interception this season.
- Victor Rosa has rushed for 218 yards on 42 carries so far this year while scoring two times on the ground.
- DeVontae Houston has rushed for 161 yards on 34 carries.
- Brett Buckman’s 205 receiving yards (51.3 yards per game) are a team high. He has 18 receptions on 30 targets with one touchdown.
- Justin Joly has recorded 135 receiving yards (33.8 yards per game) on 13 receptions.
- Cameron Ross’ 25 targets have resulted in 13 grabs for 121 yards.
- Pryce Yates has one sack to lead the team, and also has five TFL and 13 tackles.
- Jackson Mitchell is the team’s tackle leader this year. He’s amassed 27 tackles, one TFL, and 0.5 sacks.