Table of Contents
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-0) host the Philadelphia Eagles (2-0) at Raymond James Stadium on Monday, September 25, 2023.
On offense, the Eagles were a top-five unit last season, ranking third-best in the NFL by putting up 28.1 points per game. They ranked seventh on defense (20.2 points allowed per game). Offensively, the Buccaneers ranked 15th in the NFL with 346.7 yards per game last season. Meanwhile, they ranked ninth in total defense (324.3 yards allowed per contest).
Eagles vs. Buccaneers Picks
The Eagles are projected by Splash Inc. users to both win straight up and cover the spread against the Buccaneers on Monday. Right now, 84.9% of users are picking them to win and 62.4% expect the Eagles to cover the 5-point spread.
Game Info: Eagles vs. Buccaneers
- Game Day: Monday, September 25, 2023
- Game Time: 7:15 PM ET
- TV Channel: ABC
- Location: Tampa, Florida
- Stadium: Raymond James Stadium
To help you make an informed wager on Philadelphia-Tampa Bay contest (in which Philadelphia is a 5-point favorite and the total is set at 45 points), here are a few betting insights and trends for Monday’s game.
Game Trends for Eagles
- The Eagles went 8-9-0 ATS last season.
- The Eagles were 7-8 ATS last season when playing as at least 5-point favorites.
- A total of 10 of the Eagles’ games last season went over the point total.
Stats & Insights for Eagles
- Last year, the Eagles scored seven more points per game (28.1) than the Buccaneers gave up (21.1).
- When the Eagles put up over 21.1 points last season, they were 8-5 against the spread and 12-1 overall.
- Last year the Buccaneers had a 4-8-1 record against the spread and a 8-5 record overall in games when they held opponents to less than 28.1 points.
- The Eagles collected 64.8 more yards per game (389.1) than the Buccaneers gave up per matchup (324.3) last year.
- In games that the Eagles amassed over 324.3 yards last season, the team was 7-6 against the spread and 12-1 overall.
- The Buccaneers had a -9-1 record ATS and a – record overall when holding their opponents to less than 389.1 yards last season.
- The Eagles rushed for 147.6 yards per game last year, 26.9 more than the 120.7 the Buccaneers allowed per outing.
- When the Eagles rushed for over 120.7 yards last year, they had a 5-5 ATS record and a 10-0 overall record.
- When the Buccaneers held their opponents to fewer than 147.6 rushing yards last season, they were -5-1 against the spread and – overall.
- The Eagles turned the ball over 19 times last season, one fewer than the Buccaneers forced turnovers (20).
Best Players for Eagles
- Jalen Hurts: 3,701 PASS YDS / 246.7 YPG / 66.5% / 22 TD / 6 INT / 165 CAR / 760 RUSH YDS / 13 TD
- D’Andre Swift: 99 CAR / 542 YDS / 38.7 YPG / 5 TD / 48 REC / 389 YDS / 27.8 YPG / 3 TD
- A.J. Brown: 88 REC / 1,496 YDS / 88 YPG / 11 TD
- DeVonta Smith: 95 REC / 1,196 YDS / 70.4 YPG / 7 TD
- Dallas Goedert: 55 REC / 702 YDS / 58.5 YPG / 3 TD
- Nicholas Morrow: 116 TKL / 11 TFL / 1 INT / 2 PD
Game Trends for Buccaneers
- The Buccaneers covered the spread four times in 17 games last year.
- The Buccaneers had no wins ATS (0-1) as underdogs of 5 points or greater last year.
- In 17 Buccaneers games last year, six of them hit the over.
Stats & Insights for Buccaneers
- The Buccaneers put up just 1.8 fewer points per game (18.4) than the Eagles allowed (20.2) last year.
- The Buccaneers were 2-4 against the spread and 3-3 overall last season when the team recorded more than 20.2 points.
- The Eagles had a 5-4 record against the spread and a 9-0 record overall in games when they gave up fewer than 18.4 points last year.
- The Buccaneers averaged 45.2 more yards per game (346.7) than the Eagles allowed per matchup (301.5) last season.
- The Buccaneers were 3-10-1 against the spread and 7-7 overall when the team picked up over 301.5 yards last season.
- In games the Eagles held their opponents to fewer than 346.7 yards last year, they had a -6 record ATS and a – record overall.
- The Buccaneers rushed for 76.9 yards per game last year, 44.7 fewer than the 121.6 the Eagles allowed per outing.
- When the Buccaneers ran for over 121.6 yards last year they compiled a 2-0 ATS record and a 2-0 overall record.
- When the Eagles limited their opponents to fewer than 76.9 yards on the ground last year, they were -0 against the spread and – overall.
- The Buccaneers had 22 giveaways last season, while the Eagles had 27 takeaways.
Best Players for Buccaneers
- Baker Mayfield: 2,163 PASS YDS / 180.3 YPG / 60% / 10 TD / 8 INT
- Rachaad White: 129 CAR / 481 YDS / 28.3 YPG / 1 TD / 50 REC / 290 YDS / 17.1 YPG / 2 TD
- Mike Evans: 77 REC / 1,124 YDS / 74.9 YPG / 6 TD
- Chris Godwin: 104 REC / 1,023 YDS / 68.2 YPG / 3 TD
- Cade Otton: 42 REC / 391 YDS / 24.4 YPG / 2 TD
- Lavonte David: 124 TKL / 10 TFL / 3 SACK / 5 PD