Table of Contents
The Los Angeles Rams (1-2) go on the road to take on the Indianapolis Colts (2-1) at Lucas Oil Stadium on Sunday, October 1, 2023.
The Colts averaged 311.6 yards per game offensively last season (27th in NFL), and they allowed 334 yards per game (15th) on the defensive side of the ball. The Rams ranked 26th in scoring offense (18.1 points per game) and 21st in scoring defense (22.6 points allowed per game) last season.
Colts vs. Rams Picks
A majority of Splash Inc. users have picked the Rams to win as underdogs against the Colts on Sunday (51.9% of users), while 66.7% think the Colts will cover as 1-point favorites.
Game Info: Colts vs. Rams
- Game Day: Sunday, October 1, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
- Stadium: Lucas Oil Stadium
Indianapolis is a 1-point favorite over Los Angeles on Sunday and the total has been set at 46.5 points. Below are some betting trends and insights before making an informed wager on the outing.
Game Trends for Colts
- The Colts won six games against the spread last season, failing to cover 11 times.
- The Colts covered the spread once last season (1-6 ATS) when playing as at least 1-point favorites.
- The Colts and their opponents combined to hit the over seven out of 17 times last season.
Stats & Insights for Colts
- The Colts racked up 5.6 fewer points per game (17) than the Rams gave up (22.6) last season.
- The Colts were 3-1 against the spread and 2-2 overall last season when the team put up more than 22.6 points.
- Last season the Rams had a 4-0-1 record against the spread and a 4-1 record overall in games when they held opponents to fewer than 17 points.
- The Colts collected 311.6 yards per game last year, 29.5 fewer yards than the 341.1 the Rams allowed per outing.
- In games that the Colts churned out more than 341.1 yards last season, the team was 2-3 against the spread and 2-2-1 overall.
- When the Rams held their opponents to less than 311.6 yards last season, they had a -3 record ATS and a – record overall.
- The Colts rushed for 109.8 yards per game last season, just 5.3 fewer yards than the 115.1 the Rams allowed per outing.
- The Colts had a 2-4 ATS record and a 1-4-1 overall record when the team rushed for over 115.1 yards last season.
- Last season, the Rams were -4-1 against the spread and – overall when holding opponents to less than 109.8 yards on the ground.
- The Colts turned the ball over 34 times last season, 12 more turnovers than the Rams forced (22).
Best Players for Colts
- Zack Moss: 93 CAR / 456 YDS / 35.1 YPG / 1 TD / 11 REC / 39 YDS / 3 YPG / 0 TD
- Sam Ehlinger: 17 CAR / 87 YDS / 21.8 YPG / 0 TD
- Michael Pittman Jr.: 99 REC / 925 YDS / 57.8 YPG / 4 TD
- Alec Pierce: 41 REC / 593 YDS / 37.1 YPG / 2 TD
- Isaiah McKenzie: 42 REC / 423 YDS / 28.2 YPG / 4 TD
- Zaire Franklin: 166 TKL / 12 TFL / 3 SACK / 6 PD
Game Trends for Rams
- The Rams’ record against the spread last year was 6-10-1.
- As 1-point underdogs or more, the Rams went 4-7-1 against the spread last season.
- In 17 Rams games last season, six of them hit the over.
Stats & Insights for Rams
- Last season the Rams put up seven fewer points per game (18.1) than the Colts allowed (25.1).
- When the Rams scored over 25.1 points last season, they were 1-1 against the spread and 2-0 overall.
- When the Colts allowed fewer than 18.1 points last year, they had a 3-1 record against the spread and a 2-2 record overall.
- The Rams averaged 53.5 fewer yards per game (280.5) than the Colts allowed per matchup (334) last season.
- In games that the Rams picked up over 334 yards last year, the team was 3-2 against the spread and 4-1 overall.
- The Colts had a -3 record ATS and a – record overall when holding their opponents to less than 280.5 yards last season.
- Last season the Rams averaged 97.7 yards per game on the ground, 26.4 fewer than the Colts allowed per outing (124.1).
- Last season the Rams had a 3-2 ATS record and a 1-4 overall record in games the team ran for over 124.1 yards.
- When the Colts kept their opponents to less than 97.7 rushing yards last season, they were -5 against the spread and – overall.
- The Rams turned the ball over 23 times last year, two more turnovers than the Colts forced (21).
Best Players for Rams
- Matthew Stafford: 2,087 PASS YDS / 231.9 YPG / 68% / 10 TD / 8 INT
- Kyren Williams: 35 CAR / 139 YDS / 17.4 YPG / 0 TD / 9 REC / 76 YDS / 9.5 YPG / 0 TD
- Royce Freeman: 41 CAR / 117 YDS / 29.3 YPG / 0 TD / 6 REC / 33 YDS / 8.3 YPG / 0 TD
- Tyler Higbee: 72 REC / 620 YDS / 38.8 YPG / 3 TD
- Demarcus Robinson: 48 REC / 458 YDS / 28.6 YPG / 2 TD
- Ben Skowronek: 39 REC / 376 YDS / 26.9 YPG / 0 TD
- Ernest Jones: 113 TKL / 4 TFL / 1 INT / 2 PD