Table of Contents
The Tennessee Titans (1-2) square off against the Cincinnati Bengals (1-2) at Nissan Stadium on Sunday, October 1, 2023.
The Bengals have been a bottom-five scoring offense this season, ranking fifth-worst with 15.3 points per game. On the defensive side of the ball, they are ranked 16th in the NFL (22.3 points allowed per game). The Titans rank second-worst in total yards per game (240), but they’ve been better defensively, ranking 17th in the NFL with 344.7 total yards allowed per contest.
Bengals vs. Titans Picks
Splash Inc. users are split on the Sunday NFL matchup between the Bengals and the Titans. Currently, 26.9% of users think the Titans will win straight up as underdogs, while 74.5% of users expect the Bengals will cover as 2.5-point favorites.
Game Info: Bengals vs. Titans
- Game Day: Sunday, October 1, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Nashville, Tennessee
- Stadium: Nissan Stadium
Before you bet on Sunday’s Cincinnati-Tennessee spread (Cincinnati -2.5) or total (41 points), check out the betting trends and insights below.
Game Trends for Bengals
- The Bengals have put together a 0-2-1 record against the spread this season.
- The Bengals are winless against the spread (0-1-1) when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites.
- One of the Bengals’ three games with a set total has hit the over (33.3%).
Stats & Insights for Bengals
- The Bengals rank third-worst in total offense (244.3 yards per game), but they’ve been slightly better on defense, ranking 21st with 352.3 yards allowed per contest.
- The Bengals have been a bottom-five scoring offense this season, ranking fifth-worst with 15.3 points per contest. On defense, they are ranked 16th in the NFL (22.3 points allowed per game).
- The Bengals are compiling 175 passing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 26th in the NFL. On defense, they rank 12th, surrendering 200.7 passing yards per contest.
- With 69.3 offensive rushing yards per game (fourth-worst) and 151.7 rushing yards allowed per game on defense (third-worst), the Bengals have been playing poorly on both sides of the ball this season in the running game.
- From an offensive standpoint, the Bengals rank 21st in the NFL with a 36.2% third-down percentage. Meanwhile, they rank 13th in third-down conversion rate allowed (35.9%).
- The Bengals have been a bottom-five offense in terms of yards per play this year, ranking worst with 4.2 yards per play. Defensively, they rank 21st in the NFL (5.7 yards per play allowed).
- The Bengals own the ninth-ranked turnover margin in the NFL at +2, forcing four turnovers (13th in NFL) while turning it over two times (sixth in NFL).
Best Players for Bengals
- Joe Burrow: 563 PASS YDS / 187.7 YPG / 55.4% / 2 TD / 2 INT
- Joe Mixon: 45 CAR / 180 YDS / 60 YPG / 1 TD / 8 REC / 58 YDS / 19.3 YPG / 0 TD
- Chris Evans: 2 CAR / 12 YDS / 12 YPG / 0 TD
- Ja’Marr Chase: 22 REC / 211 YDS / 70.3 YPG / 0 TD
- Tee Higgins: 10 REC / 110 YDS / 36.7 YPG / 2 TD
- Tyler Boyd: 13 REC / 101 YDS / 33.7 YPG / 0 TD
- Daxton Hill: 26 TKL / 4 TFL / 1 SACK / 1 INT / 2 PD
Game Trends for Titans
- The Titans is 2-1-0 against the spread this year.
- The Titans have a 2-1 record against the spread in games they were an underdog by 2.5 points or more this season.
- Out of Titans three games with a set total, one has hit the over (33.3%).
Stats & Insights for Titans
- The Titans’ offense has been bottom-five in total offense this season, putting up 240 total yards per game, which ranks second-worst in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 17th with 344.7 total yards allowed per contest.
- The Titans rank fourth-worst in points per game (15), but they’ve been more effective defensively, ranking 16th in the NFL with 22.3 points allowed per contest.
- The Titans have struggled on both offense and defense in terms of passing this season, ranking third-worst in passing yards (149.7 per game) and fifth-worst in passing yards allowed (275.3 per game).
- The Titans’ run defense has been paving the way for the team, as they rank fourth-best in the NFL with 69.3 rushing yards conceded per game. In terms of offense, they are compiling 90.3 rushing yards per game, which ranks 23rd.
- The Titans rank third-worst in third-down conversion percentage (27%), but they’ve been better on the other side of the ball, ranking 11th in the NFL with a 34.9% third-down rate allowed.
- From an offensive standpoint, the Titans are generating 4.9 yards per play (23rd-ranked). They rank 16th in the NFL defensively (5.6 yards given up per play).
- The Titans have compiled three forced turnovers (19th in NFL) and committed three turnovers (11th in NFL) this season for a 0 turnover margin that ranks 18th in the NFL.
Best Players for Titans
- Ryan Tannehill: 548 PASS YDS / 182.7 YPG / 59% / 1 TD / 3 INT
- Derrick Henry: 51 CAR / 163 YDS / 54.3 YPG / 1 TD / 5 REC / 71 YDS / 23.7 YPG / 0 TD
- Tyjae Spears: 15 CAR / 82 YDS / 27.3 YPG / 0 TD / 7 REC / 10 YDS / 3.3 YPG / 0 TD
- DeAndre Hopkins: 14 REC / 153 YDS / 51 YPG / 0 TD
- Treylon Burks: 6 REC / 99 YDS / 33 YPG / 0 TD
- Chris Moore: 3 REC / 90 YDS / 30 YPG / 0 TD
- Azeez Al-Shaair: 23 TKL / 2 TFL / 1 SACK