Table of Contents
The New Orleans Saints (2-1) square off against a fellow NFC South foe when they host the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-1) on Sunday, October 1, 2023 at Caesars Superdome.
The Saints are averaging 17.7 points per game on offense, which ranks them 25th in the NFL. Defensively, they rank sixth, surrendering 16.7 points per game. From an offensive angle, the Buccaneers are putting up 19.3 points per game (19th-ranked). They rank ninth in the NFL defensively (19.7 points given up per game).
Saints vs. Buccaneers Picks
Splash Inc. users project the Saints will win straight up against the Buccaneers on Sunday, with 59.9% of users picking them to come out on top. Meanwhile 55.0% of users project the Buccaneers to cover the 3-point spread.
Game Info: Saints vs. Buccaneers
- Game Day: Sunday, October 1, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
- Stadium: Caesars Superdome
Before you wager on Sunday’s New Orleans-Tampa Bay spread (New Orleans -3) or over/under (40.5 points), take a look at the betting insights and trends below.
Game Trends for Saints
- The Saints have not covered the spread in a game yet this season (0-2-1).
- The Saints are 0-0-1 against the spread when favored by 3 points or more this season.
- Each of the Saints’ three games with a set total this season have finished under the over/under.
Stats & Insights for Saints
- The Saints rank 20th in total offense (314.7 yards per game) and ninth in total defense (288 yards allowed per game) this season.
- The Saints are compiling 17.7 points per game on offense, which ranks them 25th in the NFL. On defense, they rank sixth, giving up 16.7 points per game.
- From an offensive standpoint, the Saints rank 15th in the NFL with 221.3 passing yards per game. Meanwhile, they rank eighth in passing yards allowed per contest (188.3).
- The Saints are totaling 93.3 rushing yards per game offensively this season (21st in NFL), and they are surrendering 99.7 rushing yards per game (10th) on defense.
- Offensively, the Saints rank 16th in the NFL with a 39.1% third-down conversion rate. Meanwhile, they rank ninth in third-down percentage allowed (31.8%).
- The Saints are putting up 5.2 yards per play on offense, which ranks them 18th in the NFL. On defense, they rank sixth, giving up 4.9 yards per play.
- The Saints rank ninth in the league with a +2 turnover margin after forcing 5 turnovers (seventh in the NFL) and committing three (11th in the NFL).
Best Players for Saints
- Jameis Winston: 101 PASS YDS / 101 YPG / 62.5% / 0 TD / 0 INT
- Taysom Hill: 16 CAR / 91 YDS / 30.3 YPG / 0 TD / 2 REC / 8 YDS / 2.7 YPG / 0 TD
- Tony Jones Jr.: 21 CAR / 70 YDS / 23.3 YPG / 2 TD / 4 REC / 21 YDS / 7 YPG / 0 TD
- Chris Olave: 22 REC / 302 YDS / 100.7 YPG / 0 TD
- Michael Thomas: 18 REC / 166 YDS / 55.3 YPG / 0 TD
- Rashid Shaheed: 9 REC / 152 YDS / 50.7 YPG / 1 TD
- Pete Werner: 26 TKL / 0.5 SACK
Game Trends for Buccaneers
- The Buccaneers are 2-1-0 against the spread this season.
- In games they have played as at least 3-point underdogs this season, the Buccaneers are 1-1 against the spread.
- The Buccaneers have gone over in one of three games with a set total (33.3%).
Stats & Insights for Buccaneers
- The Buccaneers rank 25th with 284.3 total yards per contest on offense, and they rank 22nd with 359 total yards given up per game on defense.
- From an offensive angle, the Buccaneers are compiling 19.3 points per game (19th-ranked). They rank ninth in the NFL on defense (19.7 points surrendered per game).
- In terms of passing, the Buccaneers rank 20th in the NFL (206.3 passing yards per game) and 24th on defense (256 passing yards allowed per game).
- The Buccaneers rank 27th in the NFL with 78 rushing yards per contest on offense, and they rank 12th with 103 rushing yards allowed per contest on the defensive side of the ball.
- The Buccaneers rank ninth in third-down conversion rate (45.2%) on offense, but they’ve been worse defensively, ranking third-worst in the NFL with a 51.2% third-down percentage allowed.
- The Buccaneers’ defense has been struggling in terms of yards given up per play, ranking fourth-worst at 5.9. They have been more productive on the other side of the ball, putting up 4.8 yards per play (26th-ranked).
- The Buccaneers have thrived in terms of turnovers, as the team’s turnover margin of +5 ranks second-best in the NFL, with seven forced turnovers (fourth in league) and two turnovers committed (sixth in league).
Best Players for Buccaneers
- Baker Mayfield: 636 PASS YDS / 212 YPG / 66.7% / 4 TD / 1 INT
- Rachaad White: 48 CAR / 150 YDS / 50 YPG / 1 TD / 10 REC / 64 YDS / 21.3 YPG / 0 TD
- Mike Evans: 17 REC / 297 YDS / 99 YPG / 3 TD
- Chris Godwin: 13 REC / 141 YDS / 47 YPG / 0 TD
- Cade Otton: 9 REC / 76 YDS / 25.3 YPG / 0 TD
- Ryan Neal: 25 TKL / 2 TFL