Table of Contents
Rafael Devers will look for his 100th RBI of the season (he has 98) when his Boston Red Sox (76-83) square off against the Baltimore Orioles (100-59) on Friday at 7:05 PM ET. The Red Sox are underdogs (+115) versus the Orioles (-136). John Means takes the mound first for Baltimore, and Nick Pivetta is Boston’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Orioles vs. Red Sox
- Game Day: Friday, September 29, 2023
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Stadium: Oriole Park at Camden Yards
How Do I Watch the Orioles vs. the Red Sox?
- TV Channel: MASN
Orioles Stats & Trends
- The Orioles are 16th in baseball with 183 home runs. They average 1.2 per game.
- Baltimore has the eighth-best batting average in the majors (.256).
- The Orioles are 14th in baseball with a .323 on-base percentage.
- Baltimore strikes out 8.4 times per game, the No. 12 mark in baseball.
- The Orioles average 1.1 homers per home game this season (86 total at home).
- Baltimore is averaging three extra-base hits per game while slugging .419 in home contests.
- The club is batting .253 with 640 hits (8.2 per game) at home this season.
Orioles Key Batters
- Adley Rutschman leads Baltimore OPS (.810) this season. He has a .277 batting average, an on-base percentage of .374, and a slugging percentage of .436.
- Among qualified hitters in MLB, he ranks 28th in batting average, 13th in on-base percentage, and 75th in slugging.
- Rutschman hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .412 with two doubles, a home run, six walks and four RBI.
- Anthony Santander has 41 doubles, a triple, 28 home runs and 55 walks. He’s batting .256 and slugging .473 with an on-base percentage of .324.
- He is 85th in batting average, 81st in on-base percentage and 39th in slugging in the major leagues.
- Santander has picked up at least one hit in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .273 with a double, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Gunnar Henderson leads Baltimore with 142 hits. He is batting .257 this season and 65 of his hits have gone for extra bases.
- Austin Hays has been key for Baltimore with 142 hits, an OBP of .325 plus a slugging percentage of .445.
Red Sox Stats & Trends
Red Sox Batting
- The Red Sox’s 181 home runs rank 17th in Major League Baseball.
- Boston ranks fourth in MLB with a .259 team batting average.
- The Red Sox have an OBP of .325 this season, which ranks 11th in MLB.
- Boston ranks 13th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.4 Ks per contest.
- They have averaged 1.2 home runs per game in their 78 road contests this season.
- Boston is slugging .400 in 78 road games this season.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .239 with 8.3 base hits per contest.
Red Sox Key Batters
- Devers has racked up a slugging percentage of .504 and has 154 hits, both team-high numbers for the Red Sox. He’s batting .270 and with an on-base percentage of .350.
- Including all qualified hitters in MLB, his batting average puts him 44th, his on-base percentage ranks 37th, and he is 20th in slugging.
- Justin Turner is batting .274 with 30 doubles, 23 home runs and 51 walks. He’s slugging .455 with an on-base percentage of .344.
- His batting average is 38th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage is 43rd, and he is 59th in slugging.
- Masataka Yoshida is hitting .285 with 32 doubles, three triples, 15 home runs and 34 walks.
- Alex Verdugo is hitting .263 with 37 doubles, five triples, 13 home runs and 45 walks.
Orioles vs. Red Sox Probable Pitchers
|John Means (BAL)||Pitcher||Nick Pivetta (BOS)|
|1 – 1||W/L||9 – 9|
Orioles vs. Red Sox Injury Updates
- Orioles: Felix Bautista: 15 Day IL (Arm), Keegan Akin: 60 Day IL (Back), Terrin Vavra: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Dillon Tate: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Red Sox: Triston Casas: 10 Day IL (Shouder), Luis Urías: 10 Day IL (Calf), James Paxton: 15 Day IL (Knee), Chris Martin: 15 Day IL (Illness), Joely Rodriguez: 15 Day IL (Hip), Corey Kluber: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Kaleb Ort: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Jarren Duran: 60 Day IL (Toe), Wyatt Mills: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Adalberto Mondesi: 60 Day IL (Knee), Reese McGuire: day-to-day (Thumb)