Table of Contents
The New England Patriots (1-2) visit the Dallas Cowboys (2-1) at AT&T Stadium on Sunday, October 1, 2023.
The Cowboys have been a difficult matchup for opposing teams, as they rank top-five in both scoring offense (fifth-best with 28.7 points per game) and scoring defense (third-best with 12.7 points allowed per game) this year. The Patriots have been keeping opposing offenses in check on defense, allowing only 270.3 total yards per contest (fifth-best). On offense, they rank 13th by accumulating 342.7 total yards per game.
Cowboys vs. Patriots Picks
Splash Inc. users think the Cowboys will win straight up against the Patriots on Sunday, with 92.2% of users picking them to win. However 34.1% of users are picking the Patriots to cover the 6.5-point spread.
Game Info: Cowboys vs. Patriots
- Game Day: Sunday, October 1, 2023
- Game Time: 4:25 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: AT&T Stadium
Take a look at some betting trends and insights for Dallas (-6.5) versus New England on Sunday. The over/under is set at 43.5 points for this game.
Game Trends for Cowboys
- The Cowboys are 2-1-0 against the spread this season.
- The Cowboys have a 1-1 record against the spread in games they were favored by 6.5 points or more this season.
- Out of the Cowboys’ three games with a set total, two have hit the over (66.7%).
Stats & Insights for Cowboys
- Defensively, the Cowboys have been a top-five unit, ranking fourth-best by allowing only 262 yards per game. They rank 11th on offense (354.3 yards per game).
- The Cowboys have been a handful for opposing teams, as they rank top-five in both scoring offense (fifth-best with 28.7 points per game) and scoring defense (third-best with 12.7 points allowed per game) this year.
- The Cowboys rank 18th in passing yards this season (207.3 per game), but they’ve been thriving on defense, ranking second-best in the NFL with 130.7 passing yards allowed per game.
- The Cowboys are compiling 147 rushing yards per game on offense, which ranks them eighth in the NFL. On the defensive side of the ball, they rank 25th, giving up 131.3 rushing yards per contest.
- The Cowboys have been clicking on all fronts on third down this season, as they rank second-best in third-down conversion rate (51.1%) and fourth-best in third-down defense (30.6% third-down percentage allowed).
- This season, the Cowboys are putting up 5.1 yards per play (20th in the league), while surrendering 5.3 per play on the defensive side of the ball (12th in the NFL).
- The Cowboys have forced seven total turnovers (fourth in NFL) this season and have turned it over one time (first in NFL) for a turnover margin of +6, the best in the NFL.
Best Players for Cowboys
- Dak Prescott: 647 PASS YDS / 215.7 YPG / 67.6% / 3 TD / 1 INT / 10 CAR / 44 RUSH YDS / 0 TD
- Tony Pollard: 62 CAR / 264 YDS / 88 YPG / 2 TD / 12 REC / 48 YDS / 16 YPG / 0 TD
- Rico Dowdle: 17 CAR / 71 YDS / 23.7 YPG / 0 TD / 4 REC / 42 YDS / 14 YPG / 1 TD
- CeeDee Lamb: 19 REC / 273 YDS / 91 YPG / 0 TD
- Michael Gallup: 8 REC / 105 YDS / 35 YPG / 0 TD
- Jake Ferguson: 10 REC / 70 YDS / 23.3 YPG / 1 TD
- Jayron Kearse: 15 TKL / 1 INT / 1 PD
Game Trends for Patriots
- The Patriots is 1-2-0 against the spread this season.
- In Patriots three games with a set total, one has hit the over (33.3%).
Stats & Insights for Patriots
- The Patriots’ defensive unit has been leading the charge for the team, as they rank fifth-best in the NFL with 270.3 total yards surrendered per contest. In terms of offense, they are putting up 342.7 total yards per game, which ranks 13th.
- The Patriots are generating 17.3 points per contest on offense this season (26th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are allowing 19.7 points per game (ninth-ranked) on defense.
- The Patriots rank 11th in the NFL with 235.7 passing yards per contest, but they’ve been led by their defense, which ranks fifth-best by allowing just 177 passing yards per contest.
- The Patriots are compiling 107 rushing yards per game on offense this season (14th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are surrendering 93.3 rushing yards per contest (ninth-ranked) on defense.
- The Patriots’ third-down defense has been paving the way for the team, as they rank third-best in the NFL with a 27% third-down conversion rate allowed. In terms of offense, they are generating a 40.8% third-down rate, which ranks 13th.
- The Patriots rank 23rd in the NFL with 4.9 yards per play, but they’ve been led by their defense, which ranks fourth-best by giving up just 4.7 yards per play.
- At -2, the Patriots own the 20th-ranked turnover margin in the NFL, with two forced turnovers (22nd in NFL) and four turnovers committed (15th in NFL).
Best Players for Patriots
- Mac Jones: 748 PASS YDS / 249.3 YPG / 64.8% / 5 TD / 2 INT / 11 CAR / 53 RUSH YDS / 0 TD
- Rhamondre Stevenson: 46 CAR / 134 YDS / 44.7 YPG / 1 TD / 10 REC / 77 YDS / 25.7 YPG / 0 TD
- Ezekiel Elliott: 28 CAR / 122 YDS / 40.7 YPG / 0 TD / 6 REC / 21 YDS / 7 YPG / 0 TD
- Kendrick Bourne: 14 REC / 139 YDS / 46.3 YPG / 2 TD
- Hunter Henry: 13 REC / 125 YDS / 41.7 YPG / 2 TD
- Mike Gesicki: 9 REC / 87 YDS / 29 YPG / 0 TD
- Ja’Whaun Bentley: 21 TKL / 2 TFL / 1 PD