Table of Contents
The Los Angeles Rams (1-2) visit the Indianapolis Colts (2-1) at Lucas Oil Stadium on Sunday, October 1, 2023.
The Colts are totaling 24.7 points per game on offense, which ranks them 10th in the NFL. Defensively, they rank 19th, giving up 23.3 points per game. The Rams rank ninth with 368 total yards per contest on offense, and they rank seventh with 284.7 total yards ceded per contest on the defensive side of the ball.
Colts vs. Rams Picks
The Colts are picked by Splash Inc. users to win straight up, but not cover the spread, against the Rams on Sunday. At the moment, 56.6% of users are picking them to win, but 55.1% are picking the Rams to cover the 0-point spread.
Game Info: Colts vs. Rams
- Game Day: Sunday, October 1, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
- Stadium: Lucas Oil Stadium
Keep reading for a few betting trends and insights to help you make an informed wager on Sunday’s matchup between Indianapolis and Los Angeles (the spread is currently set as a pick ’em and the over/under has been set at 46 points).
Game Trends for Colts
- The Colts have covered the spread twice in three opportunities this season.
- Indianapolis has hit the over in two of three games with a set total (66.7%).
Stats & Insights for Colts
- The Colts rank 19th in total offense (320 yards per game) and 25th in total defense (365 yards allowed per game) this year.
- The Colts are averaging 24.7 points per game on offense (10th in NFL), and they rank 19th defensively with 23.3 points allowed per game.
- The Colts are putting up 210 passing yards per game on offense, which ranks them 16th in the NFL. On the other side of the ball, they rank 23rd, surrendering 250.7 passing yards per contest.
- The Colts rank 12th in run offense (110 rushing yards per game) and 16th in run defense (114.3 rushing yards allowed per game) this year.
- On offense, the Colts rank 23rd in the NFL with a 34.8% third-down percentage. Meanwhile, they rank 17th in third-down conversion rate allowed (38.3%).
- The Colts are putting up 4.8 yards per play (26th in the league), while surrendering 5.3 per play on the defensive side of the ball (12th in the NFL) this season.
- The Colts have forced five total turnovers (seventh in NFL) this season and have turned it over three times (11th in NFL) for a turnover margin of +2, ninth-ranked in the league.
Best Players for Colts
- Anthony Richardson: 279 PASS YDS / 139.5 YPG / 63.8% / 1 TD / 1 INT / 13 CAR / 75 RUSH YDS / 3 TD
- Zack Moss: 48 CAR / 210 YDS / 105 YPG / 1 TD / 6 REC / 42 YDS / 21 YPG / 1 TD
- Michael Pittman Jr.: 25 REC / 230 YDS / 76.7 YPG / 1 TD
- Josh Downs: 15 REC / 124 YDS / 41.3 YPG / 0 TD
- Alec Pierce: 6 REC / 76 YDS / 25.3 YPG / 0 TD
- Zaire Franklin: 45 TKL / 2 TFL / 1 SACK / 1 PD
Game Trends for Rams
- The Rams have covered the spread twice in three opportunities this year.
- The Rams are 2-0-1 against the spread when an underdog by 0 points or more this year.
- One of the Rams’ three games with a set total has hit the over (33.3%).
Stats & Insights for Rams
- In terms of total yards, the Rams rank ninth in the NFL (368 total yards per game) and seventh defensively (284.7 total yards allowed per game).
- The Rams are generating 23 points per contest on offense this season (15th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are surrendering 20.7 points per game (13th-ranked) on defense.
- The Rams’ passing attack has been leading the way for the team, as they rank fourth-best in the NFL with 284 passing yards per contest. In terms of defense, they are giving up 181 passing yards per game, which ranks seventh.
- The Rams are accumulating 84 rushing yards per game on offense this season (26th-ranked). Meanwhile, they are surrendering 103.7 rushing yards per contest (13th-ranked) on defense.
- The Rams rank ninth in the NFL with a 45.2% third-down conversion percentage, but they’ve been carried by their defense, which ranks second-best by allowing a 25.7% third-down rate.
- The Rams rank 11th in the NFL with 5.6 yards per play on offense, and they rank 10th with 5.1 yards ceded per play on defense.
- At -3, the Rams have the 24th-ranked turnover margin in the NFL, with one forced turnover (29th in NFL) and four turnovers committed (15th in NFL).
Best Players for Rams
- Matthew Stafford: 910 PASS YDS / 303.3 YPG / 60.3% / 2 TD / 4 INT / 8 CAR / 35 RUSH YDS / 0 TD
- Kyren Williams: 39 CAR / 142 YDS / 47.3 YPG / 3 TD / 8 REC / 77 YDS / 25.7 YPG / 1 TD
- Puka Nacua: 30 REC / 338 YDS / 112.7 YPG / 0 TD
- Tutu Atwell: 17 REC / 246 YDS / 82 YPG / 1 TD
- Tyler Higbee: 11 REC / 132 YDS / 44 YPG / 0 TD
- Ernest Jones: 28 TKL / 4 TFL / 1 PD