Table of Contents
Two struggling teams meet at Bank of America Stadium on Sunday, October 1, 2023 when the Minnesota Vikings (0-3) look to end their three-game lose streak against the Carolina Panthers (0-3), who have lost three games in a row.
The Vikings rank 15th in scoring offense (23 points per game) and 26th in scoring defense (27.3 points allowed per game) this year. With 299.3 total yards per game on the offensive side of the ball, the Panthers rank 21st in the NFL in 2023. Defensively, they rank 13th, surrendering 329 total yards per contest.
Vikings vs. Panthers Picks
Splash Inc. users think the Panthers will win straight up as underdogs and cover against the Vikings, with 16.1% of users picking them to win and 25.9% picking them to cover the 4-point spread on Sunday.
Game Info: Vikings vs. Panthers
- Game Day: Sunday, October 1, 2023
- Game Time: 1:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: FOX
- Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
- Stadium: Bank of America Stadium
Take a look at the betting insights and trends below before placing a wager on Sunday’s Minnesota-Carolina spread (Minnesota -4) or total (46.5 points).
Game Trends for Vikings
- The Vikings have put together a 0-2-1 record against the spread this season.
- The Vikings have not yet covered the spread as favorites of 4 points or more this season (0-1).
- The Vikings have combined with their opponent to go over in one of three games with a set total (33.3%).
Stats & Insights for Vikings
- On the offensive side of the ball, the Vikings have been a top-five unit, ranking third-best in the NFL by putting up 406 yards per game. They rank 27th on defense (382.3 yards allowed per game).
- The Vikings are compiling 23 points per game on offense (15th in NFL), and they rank 26th defensively with 27.3 points allowed per game.
- The Vikings own the 25th-ranked defense this season in terms of passing yards (261.7 allowed per game), and they’ve been more effective offensively, ranking second-best with 339.7 passing yards per game.
- While the Vikings’ run defense ranks 19th with 120.7 rushing yards allowed per game, they’ve been less successful on offense, ranking second-worst (66.3 rushing yards per game).
- The Vikings are averaging a 42.1% third-down conversion rate offensively this year (12th in NFL), and they are giving up a 40.5% third-down conversion rate (19th) on the defensive side of the ball.
- The Vikings have the 21st-ranked defense this season in terms of yards per play (5.7 yards per play allowed), and they’ve been more effective on offense, ranking second-best with 6.5 yards per play.
- The Vikings own the second-worst turnover margin in the league at -7, forcing two turnovers (22nd in NFL) while turning it over nine times (32nd in NFL).
Best Players for Vikings
- Kirk Cousins: 1,075 PASS YDS / 358.3 YPG / 69.6% / 9 TD / 2 INT
- Alexander Mattison: 39 CAR / 155 YDS / 51.7 YPG / 0 TD / 11 REC / 53 YDS / 17.7 YPG / 1 TD
- Cam Akers: 22 CAR / 29 YDS / 29 YPG / 1 TD
- Justin Jefferson: 27 REC / 458 YDS / 152.7 YPG / 1 TD
- Jordan Addison: 13 REC / 185 YDS / 61.7 YPG / 2 TD
- T.J. Hockenson: 23 REC / 179 YDS / 59.7 YPG / 2 TD
- Camryn Bynum: 31 TKL / 2 TFL / 1 PD
Game Trends for Panthers
- The Panthers are winless against the spread so far this season in three games with a set total.
- The Panthers are 0-1 against the spread when an underdog by 4 points or greater this season.
- In Panthers three games with a set total, one has hit the over (33.3%).
Stats & Insights for Panthers
- The Panthers rank 21st with 299.3 total yards per contest on offense, and they rank 13th with 329 total yards surrendered per contest on the defensive side of the ball.
- The Panthers rank 24th in the NFL with 18 points per contest on offense, and they rank 25th with 27 points surrendered per game on defense.
- The Panthers are generating 200 passing yards per contest on offense this season (22nd-ranked). Meanwhile, they are allowing 192.3 passing yards per game (ninth-ranked) on defense.
- With 99.3 rushing yards per game on offense, the Panthers rank 18th in the NFL. Defensively they rank 27th, surrendering 136.7 rushing yards per game.
- The Panthers rank 14th in the NFL with a 40.4% third-down conversion percentage, but they’ve been lifted up by their defense, which ranks fifth-best by allowing a 30.8% third-down rate.
- The Panthers rank fourth-worst in yards per play (4.7), but they’ve been better on the other side of the ball, ranking 14th in the NFL with 5.5 yards allowed per play.
- The Panthers have a -2 turnover margin this season, which ranks 20th in the NFL.
Best Players for Panthers
- Andy Dalton: 361 PASS YDS / 361 YPG / 58.6% / 2 TD / 0 INT / 2 CAR / 11 RUSH YDS / 0 TD
- Miles Sanders: 41 CAR / 139 YDS / 46.3 YPG / 1 TD / 12 REC / 68 YDS / 22.7 YPG / 0 TD
- Chuba Hubbard: 12 CAR / 78 YDS / 26 YPG / 0 TD / 9 REC / 45 YDS / 15 YPG / 0 TD
- Adam Thielen: 20 REC / 211 YDS / 70.3 YPG / 2 TD
- D.J. Chark: 5 REC / 101 YDS / 50.5 YPG / 1 TD
- Hayden Hurst: 9 REC / 72 YDS / 24 YPG / 1 TD
- Derrick Brown: 20 TKL / 2 TFL / 1 SACK