Table of Contents
The Iowa State Cyclones (2-2) will visit the Oklahoma Sooners (4-0) on Saturday at 7:00 PM ET.
The Sooners are expected to win by at least two TDs (currently -20) against the Cyclones. The over/under for this game is 48.5 points.
Game Info for Oklahoma vs. Iowa State
- Game Day: Saturday, September 30, 2023
- Game Time: 7:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: Fox Sports 1
- Location: Norman, Oklahoma
- Stadium: Gaylord Family Oklahoma Memorial Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Oklahoma Pick Insights
- Oklahoma is a perfect 4-0-0 against the spread this season.
- Oklahoma is 2-0 against the spread so far this season when playing as at least 20-point favorites.
- Oklahoma has gone over in two of four games with a set total (50%).
Oklahoma Stats & Insights
- Oklahoma ranks 32nd in total defense this year (310.8 yards allowed per game), but has been playing really well on offense, ranking 10th-best in the FBS with 506.8 total yards per game.
- Oklahoma has been clicking on all fronts this season, as they rank fourth-best in scoring offense (46.8 points per game) and second-best in scoring defense (8.5 points allowed per game).
- Offensively, Oklahoma has been a top-25 unit in terms of passing yards, ranking sixth-best in the FBS by putting up 349 per game. The Sooners rank 60th on defense (215.5 passing yards allowed per game).
- Oklahoma ranks 66th in run offense (157.8 rushing yards per game) and 28th in run defense (95.3 rushing yards allowed per game) this year.
- Oklahoma has been firing on all cylinders on third down this season, owning the sixth-best mark in third-down conversion rate (57.4%) and 10th-best in third-down defense (27.4% third-down percentage allowed).
- Oklahoma owns the fourth-best turnover margin in college football at +7, forcing 10 turnovers (seventh in the FBS) while turning it over three times (13th in the FBS).
Oklahoma’s Best Players
- Dillon Gabriel has compiled 1,227 yards (306.8 ypg) on 92-of-118 passing with 12 touchdowns compared to one interception this season. In addition, he’s added 58 rushing yards (14.5 ypg) on 21 carries while scoring two touchdowns on the ground.
- The team’s top rusher, Tawee Walker, has carried the ball 34 times for 176 yards (44 per game), scoring two times.
- This season, Marcus Major has carried the ball 32 times for 133 yards (33.3 per game) and one touchdown.
- Andrel Anthony has hauled in 21 receptions for 371 yards (92.8 yards per game) to lead the team so far this season. He’s found the end zone one time as a receiver.
- Nic Anderson has hauled in eight receptions totaling 223 yards, finding the end zone four times as a receiver so far this campaign.
- Jalil Farooq has been the target of 15 passes and racked up 10 receptions for 204 yards, an average of 51 yards per contest. He’s found the end zone two times through the air this season.
- Danny Stutsman, the team’s leader in tackles and sacks, has amassed two sacks, three TFL, 26 tackles, and one interception.
- Key Lawrence has picked off a team-leading two passes. He also has 10 tackles, one TFL, and two passes defended to his name.
Iowa State Betting Insights
- Iowa State is 1-2-0 against the spread this year.
- In Iowa State’s three games with a set total, one has hit the over (33.3%).
Iowa State Pick Insights
- While Iowa State’s offense has been stuck in neutral, ranking 14th-worst with 308.3 total yards per game, its defense ranks 19th-best with only 292.5 total yards allowed per contest.
- While Iowa State’s offense has been stuck in neutral, ranking 25th-worst with 21 points per game, its defense ranks 25th-best with just 16.5 points allowed per contest.
- Iowa State’s pass defense has been leading the charge for the team, as it ranks 22nd-best in the FBS with 177.3 passing yards allowed per game. In terms of offense, it is generating 225 passing yards per game, which ranks 85th.
- Iowa State ranks 10th-worst in rushing yards per game (83.3), but it has been better on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 48th in the FBS with 115.3 rushing yards conceded per contest.
- Iowa State ranks 13th-worst in third-down conversion rate (31.6%), but at least it has been playing well on the defensive side of the ball, ranking 19th-best in third-down rate surrendered (30.6%).
- Iowa State owns a +2 turnover margin this season, which ranks 34th in the FBS.
Iowa State’s Best Players
- Rocco Becht has compiled 897 yards on 64.7% passing while tossing seven touchdown passes with three interceptions this season. He’s also rushed for 45 yards with one score.
- Cartevious Norton has carried the ball 43 times for 126 yards.
- Eli Sanders has racked up 71 yards (on 20 attempts) with one touchdown.
- Jaylin Noel’s 202 receiving yards (50.5 yards per game) lead the team. He has 20 receptions on 30 targets with one touchdown.
- Daniel Jackson has racked up 168 receiving yards (42 yards per game) and two touchdowns on 10 receptions.
- Jayden Higgins’ 22 targets have resulted in 13 receptions for 153 yards and two touchdowns.
- Caleb Bacon has two sacks to pace the team, and also has five TFL and 15 tackles.
- Iowa State’s top-tackler, Beau Freyler, has 19 tackles, one TFL, one sack, and one interception this year.
- Jeremiah Cooper leads the team with three interceptions, while also collecting 13 tackles, one TFL, and three passes defended.