Table of Contents
The Tampa Bay Rays take on the Texas Rangers to start the AL Wild Card Series on Tuesday 3:08 PM ET at Tropicana Field. Tampa Bay is projected to start Tyler Glasnow, while Texas has not named a starter.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Rays vs. Rangers
- Game Day: Tuesday, October 3, 2023
- Game Time: 3:08 PM ET
- Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
- Stadium: Tropicana Field
How Do I Watch the Rays vs. the Rangers?
- TV Channel: ABC
Rays Stats & Trends
- The Rays rank sixth in baseball with 230 home runs. They average 1.4 per game.
- Tampa Bay’s .260 batting average is third-best in MLB.
- The Rays rank fourth in baseball with a .332 on-base percentage.
- Tampa Bay strikes out 8.8 times per game to rank 18th in the majors.
- The Rays average 1.3 homers per home game this season (107 total at home).
- Tampa Bay has a .440 slugging percentage and is averaging 3.2 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team is batting .255 with 674 hits (8.3 per game) at home this season.
Rays Key Batters
- Yandy Diaz leads Tampa Bay with 173 hits and an OBP of .410, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .522. He’s batting .330.
- Among all qualified hitters, he ranks fourth in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks fourth, and he is 10th in slugging.
- Isaac Paredes is hitting .250 with 24 doubles, 31 home runs and 58 walks, while slugging .488 with an on-base percentage of .352.
- He is 96th in batting average, 35th in on-base percentage and 27th in slugging in the major leagues.
- Paredes has picked up at least one hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .238 with a double, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Randy Arozarena has 141 hits this season and has a slash line of .255/.365/.426.
- Josh Lowe is batting .292 with a .335 OBP and 83 RBI for Tampa Bay this season.
- Lowe brings an 11-game hitting streak into this game. During his last 10 outings he is hitting .400 with five doubles, two home runs, five walks and eight RBI.
Rangers Stats & Trends
- The Rangers rank third in Major League Baseball with 233 home runs.
- Texas’ .263 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking second in MLB.
- The Rangers are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking third with an OBP of .337.
- Texas ranks 17th in strikeouts per game (8.7) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 1.1 home runs per game in their 81 road contests this season.
- In 81 road games this season, it is slugging .411 with 262 hits going for extra bases.
- In 81 road games this season, they have a batting average of .252 while averaging 8.9 base hits per contest.
Rangers Key Batters
- Marcus Semien has put up a slugging percentage of .478, a team-best for the Rangers. He’s batting .276 with an on-base percentage of .348.
- He is 28th in batting average, 39th in on-base percentage and 33rd in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters in the majors.
- Corey Seager has collected 155 hits with a .388 on-base percentage to lead his team in both. He has a batting average of .325 while slugging .621.
- He ranks fifth in batting average, 10th in on-base percentage and second in slugging percentage in the majors.
- Adolis Garcia is batting .245 with 29 doubles, 39 home runs and 65 walks.
- Nate Lowe has 38 doubles, three triples, 17 home runs and 93 walks while hitting .262.
Rays vs. Rangers Probable Pitchers
|Tyler Glasnow (TB)||Pitcher||(TEX)*|
|10 – 7||W/L||–|
Rays vs. Rangers Injury Updates
- Rays: Luke Raley: 10 Day IL (Hand), Jose Siri: 10 Day IL (Hand), Brandon Lowe: 10 Day IL (Knee), Jason Adam: 15 Day IL (Oblique), Shane McClanahan: 60 Day IL (Forearm), Drew Rasmussen: 60 Day IL (Flexor), Jeffrey Springs: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Calvin Faucher: 60 Day IL (Biceps), Garrett Cleavinger: 60 Day IL (Knee), Shane Baz: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Greg Jones: 60 Day IL (Hamstring)
- Rangers: Max Scherzer: 15 Day IL (Triceps ), Jon Gray: 15 Day IL (Forearm), Jacob deGrom: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Brad Miller: 60 Day IL (Hamstring), Ian Kennedy: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Brett Martin: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jake Odorizzi: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)