Table of Contents
The Florida International Panthers (3-2) will visit the New Mexico State Aggies (2-3) on Wednesday at 9:00 PM ET.
The Panthers are underdogs, but by less than a touchdown (+6), versus the Aggies (with an over/under of 50 points).
Game Info for New Mexico State vs. Florida International
- Game Day: Wednesday, October 4, 2023
- Game Time: 9:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: CBS Sports Network
- Location: Las Cruces, New Mexico
- Stadium: Aggie Memorial Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
|New Mexico State||-6||-110||-110||50||-109||-111||-227||+186|
New Mexico State Pick Insights
- New Mexico State is 1-2-1 against the spread this season.
- New Mexico State is 0-1 against the spread when favored by 6 points or more this season.
- One of New Mexico State’s four games with a set total has hit the over (25%).
New Mexico State Stats & Insights
- New Mexico State is putting up 436.2 yards per game on offense, which ranks 38th in the FBS. On defense, the Aggies rank 79th, giving up 382 yards per game.
- New Mexico State ranks 65th in scoring offense (29.8 points per game) and 78th in scoring defense (26.4 points allowed per game) this year.
- New Mexico State is putting up 234.4 passing yards per game on offense this year (66th in the FBS), and is allowing 235 passing yards per game (80th) on the defensive side of the ball.
- New Mexico State ranks 82nd in run defense this year (147 rushing yards allowed per game), but has been thriving on the offensive side of the ball, ranking 21st-best in the FBS with 201.8 rushing yards per game.
- New Mexico State has the 23rd-best offense this season in terms of third-down efficiency (47.8% third-down percentage), but ranks 16th-worst on defense (47.1% third-down percentage).
- New Mexico State has forced three total turnovers (117th in the FBS) this season and have turned it over seven times (66th in the FBS) to register a turnover margin of -4, the 21st-worst in college football.
New Mexico State’s Best Players
- Diego Pavia has thrown for 1,073 yards, completing 63.9% of his passes and recording 10 touchdowns and four interceptions this season. He’s also run for 279 yards (55.8 ypg) on 50 carries.
- This season, Star Thomas has carried the ball 43 times for 233 yards (46.6 per game) and three touchdowns, while also racking up 113 yards through the air with one touchdown.
- Jonathan Brady’s leads his squad with 252 yards as a receiver. He’s racked up that yardage on 10 catches (out of 16 targets) and scored three touchdowns.
- Jordin Parker has hauled in three receptions totaling 145 yards, finding the end zone two times as a receiver so far this campaign.
- Trent Hudson has a total of 143 receiving yards so far this year, hauling in eight passes and scoring three touchdowns.
- Nikhil Webb Walker has 1.5 sacks to lead the team, and also has one TFL and 11 tackles.
- Keyshaun Elliott is the team’s leading tackler this year. He’s picked up 32 tackles and four TFL.
Florida International Betting Insights
- Florida International is 3-2-0 ATS this season.
- Florida International has a 3-1 record against the spread this season when an underdog by 6 points or more.
- Out of Florida International’s five games with a set total, one has hit the over (20%).
Florida International Pick Insights
- This season has been ugly for Florida International on both sides of the ball, as it is averaging just 315.2 total yards per game (14th-worst) and surrendering 447.2 total yards per game (ninth-worst).
- In terms of points scored Florida International ranks 106th in the FBS (21.4 points per game), and it is 72nd on defense (25.6 points allowed per game).
- From an offensive standpoint, Florida International is accumulating 203.6 passing yards per game (97th-ranked). It ranks 76th in the FBS on defense (233.8 passing yards surrendered per game).
- In terms of rushing, this season has been difficult for Florida International on both sides of the ball, as it is posting only 111.6 rushing yards per game (22nd-worst) and allowing 213.4 rushing yards per game (10th-worst).
- Florida International’s third-down offense has been bottom-25 this season, generating a 24.6% third-down percentage, which ranks fourth-worst in the FBS. On the defensive side of the ball, it ranks 92nd with a 42.5% third-down rate surrendered.
- At 0, Florida International has the 66th-ranked turnover margin in the FBS, with nine forced turnovers (22nd in the FBS) and nine turnovers committed (102nd in the FBS).
Florida International’s Best Players
- Keyone Jenkins has thrown for 1,000 yards (200 ypg) while completing 53.6% of his passes and tossing five touchdown passes with four interceptions this season. He’s also run for 53 yards with two touchdowns.
- The team’s top rusher, Shomari Lawrence, has carried the ball 53 times for 312 yards (62.4 per game) with two touchdowns.
- Kejon Owens has run for 164 yards across 29 carries, scoring three touchdowns.
- Kris Mitchell has totaled 23 receptions this season and his team-high yardage total sits at 459 (91.8 yards per game). He’s been targeted 39 times and has four touchdowns.
- Dean Patterson has nine receptions (on 17 targets) for a total of 167 yards (33.4 yards per game) this year.
- Jalen Bracey’s 11 receptions (on 22 targets) have netted him 154 yards (30.8 ypg) and one touchdown.
- Reggie Peterson has 1.5 sacks to pace the team, and also has two TFL and 29 tackles.
- Donovan Manuel, Florida International’s leading tackler, has 37 tackles, one TFL, and 0.5 sacks this year.
- CJ Christian has picked off a team-leading two passes. He also has 16 tackles, one TFL, and two passes defended to his name.