Table of Contents
The Houston Astros visit the Texas Rangers in Game 4 of the ALCS on Thursday at 8:03 PM ET at Globe Life Field. The Rangers have a 2-1 series lead. Jose Urquidy starts for Houston while Texas will counter with Andrew Heaney.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Astros vs. Rangers
- Game Day: Thursday, October 19, 2023
- Game Time: 8:03 PM ET
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: Globe Life Field
How Do I Watch the Astros vs. the Rangers?
- TV Channel: Fox Sports 1
Astros Stats & Trends
- The Astros rank seventh in MLB play with 222 home runs. They average 1.4 per game.
- Houston has the fourth-best batting average in MLB (.259).
- The Astros’ .331 on-base percentage ranks fourth-best in MLB.
- Houston’s batters strike out 7.7 times per game, the third-fewest strikeouts in MLB.
- The Astros have hit 130 homers on the road this season (1.6 per game).
- Houston is slugging .460 with 3.5 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- The club is batting .268 with 773 hits (9.5 per game) on the road this season.
Astros Key Batters
- Kyle Tucker leads Houston with 163 hits and an OBP of .369, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .517. He’s batting .284.
- Among qualifying hitters in the majors, he is 18th in batting average, 15th in on-base percentage, and 13th in slugging.
- Alex Bregman has an OPS of .804, fueled by an OBP of .363 and a team-best slugging percentage of .441 this season. He’s batting .262.
- He ranks 64th in batting average, 20th in on-base percentage and 69th in slugging among qualified hitters.
- Yordan Alvarez is batting .293 with a .583 slugging percentage and 97 RBI this year.
- Alvarez takes a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .400 with two doubles, three home runs, a walk and five RBI.
- Jose Altuve is batting .311 with a .393 OBP and 51 RBI for Houston this season.
Rangers Stats & Trends
- The Rangers rank third in Major League Baseball with 233 home runs.
- Texas’ .263 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking second in MLB.
- The Rangers have an on-base percentage of .337 this season, which ranks third in the league.
- Texas ranks 17th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.7 Ks per contest.
- They’ve hit 143 homers, an average of 1.8 per game, in 81 home contests this season.
- In 81 home games this season, it is slugging .495 with 316 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging 9.2 base hits per game and batting .274 as a team at home this season.
Rangers Key Batters
- Marcus Semien has a slugging percentage of .478, a team-best for the Rangers. He’s batting .276 with an on-base percentage of .348.
- Including all the qualified players in MLB, he is 28th in batting average, 39th in on-base percentage and 33rd in slugging percentage.
- Corey Seager leads his team with 156 hits and a .390 OBP. He has a batting average of .327 while slugging .623.
- He is currently fifth in batting average, ninth in on-base percentage and second in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters.
- Adolis Garcia has 29 doubles, 39 home runs and 65 walks while hitting .245.
- Nate Lowe is batting .262 with 38 doubles, three triples, 17 home runs and 93 walks.
Astros vs. Rangers Probable Pitchers
|Jose Urquidy (HOU)||Pitcher||Andrew Heaney (TEX)|
|3 – 3||W/L||10 – 6|
Astros vs. Rangers Injury Updates
- Astros: Luis Garcia: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Lance McCullers Jr.: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Rangers: Jacob deGrom: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Ian Kennedy: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Brad Miller: 60 Day IL (Hamstring), Brett Martin: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jake Odorizzi: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)