Table of Contents
The Texas Rangers are at home for Game 5 of the ALCS against the Houston Astros on Friday at 5:07 PM ET at Globe Life Field. The teams are knotted up 2-2 in the series. Texas sends Jordan Montgomery (10-11) out for his 33rd start of the season, while Justin Verlander (13-8) makes his 28th start of the year for Houston.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Rangers vs. Astros
- Game Day: Friday, October 20, 2023
- Game Time: 5:07 PM ET
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: Globe Life Field
How Do I Watch the Rangers vs. the Astros?
- TV Channel: Fox Sports 1
Rangers Stats & Trends
- The Rangers rank third-best in baseball with 233 total home runs.
- Texas is second in MLB with a .263 batting average.
- The Rangers are third in baseball with an on-base percentage of .337.
- Texas strikes out 8.7 times per game, the No. 17 mark in the majors.
- The Rangers have hit 143 home runs at home this season (1.8 per game).
- Texas is averaging 3.9 extra-base hits per game while slugging .495 in home contests.
- At home this season the club averages 9.2 hits per game and is batting .274.
Rangers Key Batters
- Marcus Semien has an OPS of .826, fueled by an OBP of .348 and a team-best slugging percentage of .478 this season. He has a .276 batting average.
- Among all qualifying batters in MLB, his batting average ranks 28th, his on-base percentage ranks 39th, and he is 33rd in slugging.
- Corey Seager leads Texas with 156 hits and an OBP of .390 this season. He’s batting .327 and slugging .623.
- His batting average is fifth among qualified players, his on-base percentage ninth, and his slugging percentage second.
- Adolis Garcia has 136 hits this season and has a slash line of .245/.328/.508.
- Garcia heads into this game with three games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is hitting .316 with two home runs and six RBI.
- Nate Lowe has been key for Texas with 163 hits, an OBP of .360 plus a slugging percentage of .414.
- Lowe has hit safely in three games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .250 with a double, a home run and two RBI.
Astros Stats & Trends
- The Astros rank seventh in Major League Baseball with 222 home runs.
- Houston’s .259 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking fourth in MLB.
- The Astros have an OBP of .331 this season, which ranks fourth in MLB.
- Houston ranks third in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 7.7 Ks per contest.
- They have averaged 1.6 home runs per game in their 81 road contests this season.
- Houston has a team slugging percentage of .460 in away games this season with 285 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 9.5 base hits per game and batting .268 on the road this season.
Astros Key Batters
- Kyle Tucker has racked up a team-best OBP (.369) and slugging percentage (.517), and leads the Astros in hits (163, while batting .284).
- Including all the qualified hitters in the majors, his batting average ranks 18th, his on-base percentage ranks 15th, and he is 13th in slugging.
- Alex Bregman leads his team with a .441 slugging percentage. He has a batting average of .262 with an on-base percentage of .363.
- His batting average ranks 64th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage is 20th, and he is 69th in slugging.
- Yordan Alvarez is batting .293 with 24 doubles, a triple, 31 home runs and 69 walks.
- Jose Altuve is batting .311 with 21 doubles, two triples, 17 home runs and 44 walks.
Rangers vs. Astros Probable Pitchers
|Jordan Montgomery (TEX)||Pitcher||Justin Verlander (HOU)|
|10 – 11||W/L||13 – 8|
Rangers vs. Astros Injury Updates
- Rangers: Jacob deGrom: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Ian Kennedy: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Brad Miller: 60 Day IL (Hamstring), Brett Martin: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jake Odorizzi: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)
- Astros: Luis Garcia: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Lance McCullers Jr.: 60 Day IL (Elbow)