Table of Contents
The Houston Astros host the Texas Rangers in Game 6 of the ALCS on Sunday at 8:03 PM ET at Minute Maid Park. The Astros have a 3-2 lead in the series, and will lok to claim a place in the World Series. Framber Valdez starts for Houston, and Nathan Eovaldi is Texas’ pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Astros vs. Rangers
- Game Day: Sunday, October 22, 2023
- Game Time: 8:03 PM ET
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Stadium: Minute Maid Park
How Do I Watch the Astros vs. the Rangers?
- TV Channel: Fox Sports 1
Astros Stats & Trends
- The Astros average 1.4 home runs per game to rank seventh in MLB play with 222 total home runs.
- Houston has the fourth-best batting average in the majors (.259).
- The Astros’ .331 on-base percentage is fourth-best in baseball.
- Houston strikes out 7.7 times per game, the third-best mark in MLB.
- The Astros average 1.1 homers per game when playing at home this season (92 total in home contests).
- Houston is slugging .411 with three extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club is batting .249 with 668 hits (8.2 per game) at home this season.
Astros Key Batters
- Kyle Tucker leads Houston with 163 hits and an OBP of .369, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .517. He’s batting .284.
- Among qualifying batters, he is 18th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 15th, and he is 13th in slugging.
- Alex Bregman has an OPS of .804, fueled by an OBP of .363 and a team-best slugging percentage of .441 this season. He’s batting .262.
- Among qualifying hitters, his batting average places him 64th, his on-base percentage 20th, and his slugging percentage 69th.
- Bregman brings a two-game streak with at least one hit into this contest. During his last five outings he is hitting .211 with a triple, two home runs, four walks and four RBI.
- Yordan Alvarez is batting .293 with a .583 slugging percentage and 97 RBI this year.
- Alvarez has picked up a hit in four straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .400 with two home runs, a walk and seven RBI.
- Jose Altuve is batting .311 with a .393 OBP and 51 RBI for Houston this season.
- Altuve takes a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .273 with two doubles, two home runs, two walks and four RBI.
Rangers Stats & Trends
- The Rangers’ 233 home runs rank third in Major League Baseball.
- Texas’ .263 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking second in MLB.
- The Rangers are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking third with an OBP of .337.
- Texas ranks 17th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.7 Ks per contest.
- They’ve hit 90 homers, an average of 1.1 per game, in 81 road contests this season.
- Texas is slugging .411 in 81 road games this season.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .252 with 8.9 base hits per contest.
Rangers Key Batters
- Marcus Semien has a .478 slugging percentage, which leads the Rangers. He’s batting .276 with an on-base percentage of .348.
- Including all qualified players in the big leagues, he is 28th in batting average, 39th in on-base percentage and 33rd in slugging percentage.
- Corey Seager leads his team with 156 hits and a .390 on-base percentage. He has a batting average of .327 while slugging .623.
- He is currently fifth in batting average, ninth in on-base percentage and second in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters.
- Adolis Garcia is batting .245 with 29 doubles, 39 home runs and 65 walks.
- Nate Lowe has 38 doubles, three triples, 17 home runs and 93 walks while hitting .262.
Astros vs. Rangers Probable Pitchers
|Framber Valdez (HOU)||Pitcher||Nathan Eovaldi (TEX)|
|12 – 11||W/L||12 – 5|
Astros vs. Rangers Injury Updates
- Astros: Luis Garcia: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Lance McCullers Jr.: 60 Day IL (Elbow)
- Rangers: Jacob deGrom: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Ian Kennedy: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Brad Miller: 60 Day IL (Hamstring), Brett Martin: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jake Odorizzi: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)