Table of Contents
The Texas Rangers and the Arizona Diamondbacks face off in the second game of the World Series on Saturday at 8:03 PM ET at Globe Life Field. The Rangers have a 1-0 series lead. Jordan Montgomery starts for Texas while Arizona will counter with Merrill Kelly.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, co-workers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Rangers vs. Diamondbacks
- Game Day: Saturday, October 28, 2023
- Game Time: 8:03 PM ET
- Location: Arlington, Texas
- Stadium: Globe Life Field
How Do I Watch the Rangers vs. the Diamondbacks?
- TV Channel: FOX
Rangers Stats & Trends
- The Rangers rank third-best in MLB action with 233 total home runs.
- Texas has the second-best batting average in the majors (.263).
- The Rangers are third in MLB with an on-base percentage of .337.
- Texas strikes out 8.7 times per game, the No. 17 average in MLB.
- The Rangers average 1.8 homers per home game this season (143 total at home).
- Texas is slugging .495 with 3.9 extra-base hits per game in home contests.
- The club averages 9.2 hits per game and is batting .274 at home this season.
Rangers Key Batters
- Marcus Semien leads Texas in slugging percentage (.478) thanks to 73 extra-base hits. He has a .276 batting average and an on-base percentage of .348.
- Among all qualified hitters in the majors, he is 28th in batting average, 39th in on-base percentage, and 33rd in slugging.
- Semien has hit safely in three games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .217 with three walks.
- Corey Seager has 156 hits and an OBP of .390, both of which lead the Rangers this season. He’s batting .327 and slugging .623.
- Among qualifying batters, he is fifth in batting average, ninth in on-base percentage and second in slugging percentage.
- Seager brings a two-game streak with at least one hit into this one. During his last five outings he is batting .318 with two doubles, three home runs, three walks and five RBI.
- Adolis Garcia has 136 hits this season and has a slash line of .245/.328/.508.
- Garcia enters this game with seven games in a row with at least one hit. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .415 with seven home runs, a walk and 21 RBI.
- Nate Lowe has been key for Texas with 163 hits, an OBP of .360 plus a slugging percentage of .414.
Diamondbacks Stats & Trends
- The Diamondbacks have hit 166 homers this season, which ranks 22nd in the league.
- Arizona has a team batting average of .250 this season, which ranks 13th among MLB teams.
- The Diamondbacks have the 14th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.322).
- Arizona has shown good bat-to-ball skills at the plate this season with the fourth-best strikeout rate (7.7 per game) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 86 homers, an average of 1.1 per game, in 81 road contests this season.
- Arizona has a team slugging percentage of .392 in away games this season with 231 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 8.2 base hits per game and batting .241 on the road this season.
Diamondbacks Key Batters
- Corbin Carroll has accumulated an on-base percentage of .362, a slugging percentage of .506, and has 161 hits, all club-bests for the Diamondbacks (while batting .285).
- Including all qualified players in the big leagues, his batting average places him 15th, his on-base percentage ranks 23rd, and he is 18th in slugging.
- Carroll brings a four-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is batting .286 with a triple, a walk and four RBI.
- Christian Walker is batting .258 with 36 doubles, two triples, 33 home runs and 62 walks. He’s slugging .497 with an on-base percentage of .333.
- He ranks 75th in batting average, 58th in on-base percentage and 23rd in slugging percentage in MLB.
- Ketel Marte has 26 doubles, nine triples, 25 home runs and 71 walks while hitting .276.
- Lourdes Gurriel Jr. is hitting .261 with 35 doubles, two triples, 24 home runs and 33 walks.
Rangers vs. Diamondbacks Probable Pitchers
|Jordan Montgomery (TEX)||Pitcher||Merrill Kelly (ARI)|
|10 – 11||W/L||12 – 8|
Rangers vs. Diamondbacks Injury Updates
- Rangers: Jacob deGrom: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Ian Kennedy: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Brad Miller: 60 Day IL (Hamstring), Brett Martin: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Jake Odorizzi: 60 Day IL (Shoulder)
- Diamondbacks: Scott McGough: 15 Day IL (Shoulder), Tommy Henry: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Drey Jameson: 60 Day IL (Elbow), Austin Adams: 60 Day IL (Ankle), Dominic Fletcher: 60 Day IL (Finger), Mark Melancon: 60 Day IL (Shoulder), Corbin Martin: 60 Day IL (Lat)