Table of Contents
Jay Maclin will lead the North Texas Mean Green (4-7) into their game versus the UAB Blazers (4-7) at Apogee Stadium on Saturday at 2:00 PM ET.
The Blazers are underdogs, but by less than a touchdown (+3), against the Mean Green (with an over/under of 73.5 points).
Game Info for North Texas vs. UAB
- Game Day: Saturday, November 25, 2023
- Game Time: 2:00 PM ET
- TV Channel: ESPN+
- Location: Denton, Texas
- Stadium: Apogee Stadium
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
North Texas Pick Insights
- North Texas’ ATS record is 6-4-1 this season.
- North Texas is 1-2 against the spread when favored by 3 points or more this season.
- North Texas games have hit the over on five of 11 occasions (45.5%).
North Texas Stats & Insights
- North Texas owns the ninth-best offense this season in terms of total yards (482.4 yards per game), but rank worst defensively (472.8 yards allowed per game).
- North Texas sports the 25th-best offense this season in terms of points scored (33.5 points per game), but ranks third-worst on the defensive side of the ball (36.6 points allowed per game).
- North Texas ranks 47th in pass defense this year (214.5 passing yards allowed per game), but has been shining on the other side of the ball, ranking 14th-best in the FBS with 295.4 passing yards per game.
- North Texas has struggled defensively against the run, ranking worst in the FBS (258.3 rushing yards allowed per game) this season. However, the team ranks 25th-best offensively, totaling 187 rushing yards per game.
- In addition to a 45.6% third-down conversion rate allowed on defense, which ranks 13th-worst in the FBS, North Texas has put up the 44th-ranked third-down percentage (42%) on offense.
- North Texas has the 101st-ranked turnover margin in college football at -4, forcing 14 turnovers (81st in the FBS) while turning it over 18 times (94th in the FBS).
North Texas’ Best Players
- Chandler Rogers has 2,979 pass yards for North Texas, completing 62.7% of his passes and throwing 26 touchdowns and four interceptions this season. He’s also chipped in on the ground with 188 rushing yards (17.1 ypg) on 98 carries with four rushing touchdowns.
- Ayo Adeyi has racked up 885 yards on 125 carries while finding paydirt four times as a runner.
- Oscar Adaway III has racked up 625 yards on 104 attempts, scoring six times.
- Maclin’s team-leading 886 yards as a receiver have come on 48 catches (out of 87 targets) with 11 touchdowns.
- Roderic Burns has caught 39 passes while averaging 41 yards per game and scoring four touchdowns.
- Damon Ward Jr. has a total of 434 receiving yards so far this year, hauling in 34 passes and scoring five touchdowns.
- Jordan Brown, who paces the team in sacks and tackles, has recorded three sacks, three TFL and 70 tackles.
- Phillip Hill has picked off a team-high three passes. He also has 40 tackles, one TFL, and four passes defended to his name.
UAB Betting Insights
- UAB is 6-5-0 ATS this year.
- UAB has a 3-3 record against the spread this year when an underdog by 3 points or more.
- The teams have hit the over in six of UAB’s 11 games with a set total.
UAB Pick Insights
- While UAB’s defense has been stuck in neutral, ranking 23rd-worst by giving up 416 total yards per game, its offense ranks 21st-best with 444 total yards per contest.
- UAB has been struggling defensively, ranking fourth-worst with 36.2 points surrendered per game. It has been more effective on the other side of the ball, compiling 28.8 points per contest (58th-ranked).
- UAB’s pass offense has been paving the way for the team, as it ranks 17th-best in the FBS with 289.3 passing yards per contest. In terms of defense, it is giving up 222.9 passing yards per game, which ranks 60th.
- UAB ranks 69th in rushing yards per game (154.7), but it has been less effective on the other side of the ball, ranking ninth-worst in the FBS with 193.1 rushing yards allowed per contest.
- UAB has been struggling on third down, ranking worst with a 49.7% third-down conversion rate allowed per game. It has been more productive on offense, generating a 39.9% third-down rate (64th-ranked).
- At -2, UAB owns the 85th-ranked turnover margin in the FBS, with 18 forced turnovers (29th in the FBS) and 20 turnovers committed (118th in the FBS).
UAB’s Best Players
- Jacob Zeno has 2,841 passing yards, or 258.3 per game, so far this season. He has completed 74.5% of his passes and has tossed 18 touchdowns with nine interceptions. He’s also helped out on the ground with 16.1 rushing yards per game while scoring as a runner four times.
- The team’s top rusher, Jermaine Brown Jr., has carried the ball 140 times for 687 yards (62.5 per game), with 10 touchdowns this year. He’s proven to be a dual threat, racking up 369 receiving yards (33.5 per game) on 40 catches with one receiving touchdown.
- Lee Beebe has racked up 45 carries and totaled 259 yards with two touchdowns.
- Tejhaun Palmer’s 760 receiving yards (69.1 yards per game) are best on his team. He has 45 receptions on 63 targets with six touchdowns.
- Amare Thomas has 49 receptions (on 61 targets) for a total of 427 yards (38.8 yards per game) and three touchdowns this year.
- Desmond Little has six sacks to pace the team, and also has five TFL and 27 tackles.
- UAB’s tackle leader, Keondre Swoopes, has 52 tackles and two interceptions this year.
- Ricky Lee III has picked off a team-high two passes. He also has eight tackles and two passes defended to his name.