Table of Contents
If you are looking for a way to make the NFL season even more exciting, you might want to start an NFL squares pool. An NFL squares pool is a game in which each square on a grid corresponds to a different number.At the end of each quarter or game the person who’s squares correspond with the score wins. If you are looking for a way to add some friendly competition amongst friends, family, or coworkers to your NFL draft experience, an NFL squares pool is a great option for seasoned fans and beginners alike. So mark your calendars and start getting ready for another exciting season of NFL football!
WHAT IS AN NFL SQUARES POOL?
If you’re a fan of football, chances are you’ve participated in an NFL football Squares pool at some point. Also known as Block pools, Grid pools, or Box pools, this game is based on the outcome of a particular football game. While NFL Squares is most commonly associated with playing Super Bowl squares, this game can actually be played for any game or set of games during the NFL season. With online tools, it’s easy to set up and manage an NFL Squares pool for your friends, family, or co-workers.
Grid pools can be created for any game or set of games during the NFL season. Participants can pick their squares online and view the completed grid, making it easy and convenient to play. With a little bit of luck, you could be a winner in an NFL Squares pool!
The basic premise is simple: each square on a 10 by 10 grid corresponds to a score for one team in the game. Each square on the grid represents a possible score, and players can place bets on which score they think will occur. Before the big game starts, participants buy squares and then hope that their chosen square corresponds to the final score.
HOW TO FILL IN YOUR GRID
When you make your grid, each row and column on the square grid will be assigned a number 0-9. Each of your pool members will claim their square (or squares depending on the number of players) by putting their names in the box of their choosing. The commissioner can also randomly place names on the grid.
SO, WHO WINS?
Though you can customize how winners are called in your own pool, typically winners are called each quarter of the football game. This is done by using the last digit of both NFL teams’ scores and comparing them to the grid to determine a winner.
Your pool commissioner will decide if your pool calls the winning numbers at the end of each quarter (and during halftime), the end of the game, or another format.
The best part about running a Squares pool is that your pool members don’t have to have any knowledge about football to participate. You can include your seasoned football fans and your newbies in the fun, include your whole Super Bowl party, or spice up the college football season while you root for your alma matter!
HOW DO I START AN NFL SQUARES POOL?
Even if you’re new to the game, setting up a Squares pool couldn’t be any easier. RunYourPool allows you, the pool commissioner, to create and populate random row and column numbers. Then, your poolies simply log in and put their names in their desired squares. When your poolie logs in, they will see their squares highlighted.
Plus, as a commissioner you can customize your Squares pool by:
- Running a Squares pool for any NFL game or other game series. You can also set up a grid series automatically. For example, all of the games for a specific team, every Monday Night game, etc. And, you get the option to copy picked squares from one grid to another.
- You can choose whether you want to assign your pool members their squares or let them choose their own to see who comes out on top in the next big NFL matchup.
- As commissioner you can have RunYourPool randomly assign numbers to the grid or assign them yourself per grid. As soon as the game starts, the winning numbers will automatically show or you can set them to show immediately.
- Once the game that your square is created for starts, you can highlight winning squares and write messages in them at the end of every quarter.
- You can choose your grid size from 25, 50, or 100 squares.
- You can choose a single set of axis numbers or 4 different sets with different numbers for each quarter of the game.
- As commissioner you can limit the number of squares that your poolies can pick.
- You can number the boxes for your pool.
- RunYourPool allows you to track fundraising donations through the Squares format.
- And more!
RUN YOUR POOL WITH RUNYOURPOOL
Looking to add a little excitement to your NFL Sunday? Why not set up a Squares pool? Squares pools are a fun and easy way to turn watching the game into a game itself, with a little bit of friendly competition (and maybe even some prizes) on the line. And there’s no need to worry about complex spreadsheets or manually tracking scores – RunYourPool.com makes it easy to set up and manage your pool online. With our easy-to-use interface, you’ll be up and running in no time – and you might just walk away with bragging rights after.