Table of Contents
Matt Olson sits at 99 hits this season, and will try to collect his 100th when his Atlanta Braves (61-41) square off against the Arizona Diamondbacks (45-55) on Sunday at 1:35 PM ET. The Braves are favored (-237) over the Diamondbacks (+196). Max Fried starts for Atlanta while Arizona will counter with Merrill Kelly.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Braves vs. Diamondbacks
- Game Day: Sunday, July 31, 2022
- Game Time: 1:35 PM ET
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Stadium: Truist Park
Braves Stats & Trends
- The Braves are second-best in baseball with 158 total home runs.
- The Braves’ .248 batting average is 10th-best in the majors.
- The Braves are 17th in the league with an on-base percentage of .312.
- The Braves strike out 9.3 times per game, the third-worst average in baseball.
- The Braves have hit 86 homers at home this season (1.5 per game).
- The Braves have a .448 slugging percentage and are averaging 3.3 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team is batting .254 with 472 hits (8.4 per game) at home this season.
Braves Key Batters
- Austin Riley leads Atlanta in OBP (.356), slugging percentage (.597) and total hits (116) this season.
- Among all qualifying hitters in baseball, Riley ranks 23rd in batting average, 31st in on-base percentage, and fifth in slugging.
- Riley has recorded at least one hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .421 with six doubles, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Olson is batting .253 with 35 doubles, 21 home runs and 51 walks.
- Olson is 80th in batting average, 55th in on-base percentage and 18th in slugging in MLB.
- Dansby Swanson is batting .294 with a .468 slugging percentage and 54 RBI this year.
- Swanson takes a four-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .368 with a double and two walks.
- Marcell Ozuna is batting .219 with a .274 OBP and 40 RBI for Atlanta this season.
Diamondbacks Stats & Trends
- The Diamondbacks rank 11th in Major League Baseball with 113 home runs.
- The Diamondbacks have a team batting average of just .224 this season, which ranks 28th among MLB teams.
- The Diamondbacks have an on-base percentage of .303 this season, which ranks 23rd in the league.
- The Diamondbacks rank 14th in strikeouts per game (8.5) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 1.4 home runs per game in their 46 road contests this season.
- They are slugging .401 in 46 road games this season.
- In 46 road games this season, they have a batting average of .221 while averaging 7.5 base hits per contest.
Diamondbacks Key Batters
- Christian Walker has 12 doubles, a triple, 23 home runs and 51 walks while batting .197.
- Including all qualified players, Walker ranks 151st in batting average, while his on-base percentage is 117th and he is 63rd in slugging.
- Ketel Marte’s 86 hits, .353 on-base percentage and .464 slugging percentage all pace his team.
- Including all qualified players, Marte ranks 56th in batting average, 35th in on-base percentage and 42nd in slugging percentage.
- Daulton Varsho is hitting .237 with 15 doubles, two triples, 13 home runs and 30 walks.
- Josh Rojas is batting .282 with 14 doubles, a triple, six home runs and 29 walks.
Braves vs. Diamondbacks Probable Pitchers