Table of Contents
The Milwaukee Brewers (57-44) have a 2-0 series lead and will go for a sweep of the Boston Red Sox (50-52) on Sunday at Fenway Park. The Brewers are favored (-141) against the underdog Red Sox (+120) in the matchup, which starts at 1:35 PM ET. Aaron Ashby starts for Milwaukee, and Josh Winckowski is Boston’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Brewers vs. Red Sox
- Game Day: Sunday, July 31, 2022
- Game Time: 1:35 PM ET
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Stadium: Fenway Park
Brewers Stats & Trends
- The Brewers rank fourth-best in MLB action with 139 total home runs.
- The Brewers have the 19th-ranked batting average in the league (.239).
- The Brewers rank eighth in baseball with a .319 on-base percentage.
- The Brewers strike out 8.9 times per game, the fifth-worst mark in the league.
- The Brewers have hit 72 homers away from home this season (1.3 per game).
- The Brewers are averaging 3.1 extra-base hits per game while slugging .409 on the road.
- Away from home this season the team averages 8.1 hits per game and is batting .238.
Brewers Key Batters
- Rowdy Tellez leads Milwaukee with 79 hits, batting .234 this season with 39 extra-base hits.
- Among qualifying batters in MLB, Tellez is 117th in batting average, 104th in on-base percentage, and 38th in slugging.
- Christian Yelich leads the Brewers with an OPS of .756. He has a slash line of .259/.360/.396 this season.
- Among qualifying hitters, Yelich’s batting average places him 64th, his on-base percentage 27th, and his slugging percentage 103rd.
- Yelich has picked up at least one hit in nine games in a row. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .325 with five doubles, a triple, nine walks and four RBI.
- Andrew McCutchen has collected 87 base hits, an OBP of .324 and a slugging percentage of .395 this season.
- Willy Adames is batting .219 with a .289 OBP and 56 RBI for Milwaukee this season.
Red Sox Stats & Trends
Red Sox Batting
- The Red Sox rank 18th in Major League Baseball with 100 home runs.
- The Red Sox have a team batting average of .255 this season, which ranks fifth among MLB teams.
- The Red Sox have an OBP of .316 this season, which ranks 13th in MLB.
- The Red Sox rank 15th in strikeouts per game (8.4) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 59 homers, an average of 1.1 per game, in 52 home contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .434 in home games this season with 178 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 8.9 base hits per game and batting .262 as a team at home this season.
Red Sox Key Batters
- Xander Bogaerts has racked up a team-high OBP (.392) and slugging percentage (.457).
- Including all the qualifying hitters in MLB, Bogaerts’ batting average places him fifth, his on-base percentage is seventh, and he is 47th in slugging.
- Alex Verdugo is batting .270 with 21 doubles, six home runs and 22 walks.
- Including all qualified hitters, Verdugo ranks 47th in batting average, 109th in on-base percentage and 123rd in slugging percentage.
- J.D. Martinez has 30 doubles, nine home runs and 32 walks while hitting .286.
- Christian Vazquez is hitting .283 with 19 doubles, eight home runs and 18 walks.
Brewers vs. Red Sox Probable Pitchers