Table of Contents
Marcus Semien is only three hits away from his 100th of the season as his Texas Rangers (45-55) ready for a matchup with the Los Angeles Angels (43-58) on Sunday at 4:07 PM ET. The Rangers are underdogs (+100) against the Angels (-119). Reid Detmers starts for Los Angeles while Texas will counter with Dane Dunning.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Angels vs. Rangers
- Game Day: Sunday, July 31, 2022
- Game Time: 4:07 PM ET
- Location: Anaheim, California
- Stadium: Angel Stadium
Angels Stats & Trends
- The Angels are 12th in MLB play with 111 total home runs.
- The Angels have the fourth-worst batting average in the league (.227).
- The Angels rank 27th in baseball with a .298 on-base percentage.
- The Angels’ 9.7 strikeouts per game are the most in the league.
- The Angels have hit 63 home runs at home this season (1.2 per game).
- The Angels are slugging .404 with 2.8 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club averages 7.9 hits per game and is batting .238 at home this season.
Angels Key Batters
- Shohei Ohtani has an OPS of .822, fueled by an OBP of .341 and a team-best slugging percentage of .481 this season.
- Among qualified hitters in baseball, Ohtani ranks 94th in batting average, 54th in on-base percentage, and 28th in slugging.
- Taylor Ward leads Los Angeles with an OBP of .368 this season while batting .273 with 41 walks and 48 runs scored.
- Among qualifying batters, Ward’s batting average places him 43rd, his on-base percentage 19th, and his slugging percentage 41st.
- Jared Walsh is batting .231 with a .403 slugging percentage and 41 RBI this year.
- Luis Rengifo has been key for Los Angeles with 65 hits, an OBP of .321 plus a slugging percentage of .415.
- Rengifo has hit safely in three games in a row. In his last five games he is batting .381 with three doubles, a triple, a walk and five RBI.
Rangers Stats & Trends
- The Rangers’ 126 home runs rank eighth in Major League Baseball.
- The Rangers rank 19th in MLB with a .239 team batting average.
- The Rangers have the 24th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.301).
- The Rangers rank 19th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.7 whiffs per contest.
- In 53 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 66 homers, an average of 1.2 per contest.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .402 in away games this season with 156 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 8.5 base hits per game and batting .244 on the road this season.
Rangers Key Batters
- Corey Seager has a team-best OBP (.325), and leads the Rangers in hits (92).
- Seager ranks 88th in batting average, 82nd in on-base percentage and 32nd in slugging percentage among all qualified batters in the big leagues.
- Semien is hitting .241 with 19 doubles, two triples, 14 home runs and 33 walks.
- Semien is currently 106th in batting average, 125th in on-base percentage and 94th in slugging percentage among all qualifying batters.
- Adolis Garcia has 20 doubles, four triples, 18 home runs and 24 walks while batting .248.
- Nate Lowe is slugging .456 to lead his team.
Angels vs. Rangers Probable Pitchers