Francisco Lindor will look for his 100th hit of the season (he has 99) when his New York Mets (63-37) play the Miami Marlins (47-54) on Sunday at 1:40 PM ET. The Mets are favored (-143) over the Marlins (+122). New York’s Taijuan Walker and Miami’s Pablo Lopez pitch first for their squads in this matchup.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mets vs. Marlins
- Game Day: Sunday, July 31, 2022
- Game Time: 1:40 PM ET
- Location: Miami, Florida
- Stadium: loanDepot park
Mets Stats & Trends
- The Mets rank 17th in MLB action with 101 home runs. They average one per game.
- The Mets are sixth in the majors with a .253 batting average.
- The Mets are fifth in the league with a .324 on-base percentage.
- Mets hitters strike out 7.7 times per game, the fourth-fewest strikeouts in baseball.
- The Mets average 1.1 home runs per game when playing away from home this season (55 total in road contests).
- The Mets are averaging 3.1 extra-base hits per game while slugging .407 away from home.
- The team is batting .254 with 463 hits (8.9 per game) on the road this season.
Mets Key Batters
- Pete Alonso has 101 hits, which leads New York hitters this season, while batting .274 with 44 extra-base hits.
- Among qualified hitters in baseball, Alonso is 41st in batting average, 41st in on-base percentage, and ninth in slugging.
- Lindor is batting .257 with 15 doubles, three triples, 17 home runs and 40 walks.
- Lindor is 71st in batting average, 66th in on-base percentage and 61st in slugging in the majors.
- Lindor brings a six-game streak with at least one hit into this one. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .378 with three doubles, a home run, seven walks and four RBI.
- Starling Marte has an OPS of .820, fueled by an OBP of .346 and a team-best slugging percentage of .474 this season.
- Brandon Nimmo has been key for New York with 94 hits, an OBP of .345 plus a slugging percentage of .426.
- Nimmo enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. In his last five games he is batting .208 with a double, a home run and three RBI.
Marlins Stats & Trends
- The Marlins have hit 96 homers this season, which ranks 21st in the league.
- The Marlins have a team batting average of .237 this season, which ranks 22nd among MLB teams.
- The Marlins have the 24th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.301).
- The Marlins rank 21st in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.7 whiffs per contest.
- They have averaged 0.9 home runs per game in their 47 home contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .381 in home games this season with 121 extra-base hits.
- In 47 home games this season, they have a batting average of .241 while averaging 7.9 base hits per contest.
Marlins Key Batters
- Miguel Rojas has put up a team-high .290 on-base percentage.
- Rojas ranks 103rd in batting average, 133rd in on-base percentage and 133rd in slugging percentage among all qualified hitters in MLB.
- Rojas heads into this matchup on a seven-game hitting streak. During his last 10 games he is hitting .270 with three doubles, two walks and six RBI.
- Jesus Aguilar has a .290 on-base percentage while slugging .390. Both pace his team.
- Including all qualified hitters, Aguilar is 100th in batting average, 133rd in on-base percentage and 109th in slugging percentage.
- Jesus Sanchez has racked up 59 hits, a team-best for the Marlins.
- Joey Wendle is batting .282 with 12 doubles, two home runs and 10 walks.
Mets vs. Marlins Probable Pitchers