Table of Contents
The San Diego Padres (56-46) will look to Manny Machado, who is currently on a two-game home run streak, when they face the Minnesota Twins (53-47) and Byron Buxton, who has also hit home runs in two games in a row. The Padres are favored on the moneyline (-149) for this contest against the Twins (+127), which begins at 4:10 PM ET on Sunday at PETCO Park. San Diego’s Sean Manaea starts against Minnesota’s Dylan Bundy.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Padres vs. Twins
- Game Day: Sunday, July 31, 2022
- Game Time: 4:10 PM ET
- Location: San Diego, California
- Stadium: PETCO Park
Padres Stats & Trends
- The Padres average 0.9 home runs per game to rank 25th in baseball with 88 total home runs .
- The Padres have the 18th-ranked batting average in the majors (.240).
- The Padres are 13th in the league with a .316 on-base percentage.
- The Padres strike out 8.2 times per game to rank 12th in the league.
- The Padres average 0.9 homers per game when playing at home this season (41 total in home contests).
- The Padres have a .350 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.3 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club is batting .224 with 347 hits (7.2 per game) at home this season.
Padres Key Batters
- Machado has 103 hits and an OBP of .370 to go with a slugging percentage of .516. All three of those stats are tops among San Diego hitters this season.
- Among all qualifying hitters, Machado is 21st in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 17th, and he is 13th in slugging.
- Machado has hit safely in two straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .200 with two home runs, two walks and three RBI.
- Jurickson Profar has 21 doubles, two triples, 10 home runs and 53 walks while batting .243.
- Profar’s batting average is 103rd among qualified players, his on-base percentage 45th, and his slugging percentage 98th.
- Jake Cronenworth is batting .235 with a .384 slugging percentage and 49 RBI this year.
- Cronenworth brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is hitting .176 with five walks.
- Eric Hosmer has eight home runs, 40 RBI and a batting average of .271 this season.
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins’ 125 home runs rank ninth in Major League Baseball.
- The Twins’ .251 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking ninth in MLB.
- The Twins are among the best in the league at getting on base, ranking sixth with an OBP of .321.
- The Twins have shown patience at the plate this season with the 10th-best rate of strikeouts per game (8.2) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 63 homers, an average of 1.2 per game, in 51 road contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .421 in away games this season with 163 extra-base hits.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .254 with 8.8 base hits per contest.
Twins Key Batters
- Luis Arraez has a .405 on-base percentage and a .434 slugging percentage, both team-best marks for the Twins.
- Including all qualifying players, Arraez is first in batting average, while his on-base percentage is third and he is 64th in slugging.
- Arraez hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .211 with a walk and an RBI.
- Jorge Polanco is hitting .235 with 12 doubles, 14 home runs and 52 walks.
- Polanco is currently 115th in batting average, 44th in on-base percentage and 78th in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters.
- Buxton paces the Twins with 64 hits.
- Carlos Correa has 14 doubles, 13 home runs and 31 walks while batting .270.
Padres vs. Twins Probable Pitchers