The Chicago White Sox (50-50) host the Oakland Athletics (39-64) at 2:10 PM ET on Sunday at Guaranteed Rate Field. The White Sox are favored (-289) to break the 1-1 tie and take the series over the Athletics (+235). Dylan Cease starts for Chicago while Oakland will counter with Adam Oller.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for White Sox vs. Athletics
- Game Day: Sunday, July 31, 2022
- Game Time: 2:10 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Guaranteed Rate Field
White Sox Stats & Trends
White Sox Batting
- The White Sox have hit 86 home runs this season, the fifth-lowest total in MLB action.
- The White Sox have the third-best batting average in the league (.256).
- The White Sox’s .311 on-base percentage ranks 18th in baseball.
- White Sox batters strike out 7.7 times per game, the fifth-lowest average in baseball.
- The White Sox average 0.9 homers per home game this season (44 total at home).
- The White Sox have a .367 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.4 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club averages 8.2 hits per game and is batting .241 at home this season.
White Sox Key Batters
- Jose Abreu leads Chicago in OBP (.383), slugging percentage (.460) and OPS (.843) this season.
- Among all qualified hitters in the majors, Abreu ranks 17th in batting average, 12th in on-base percentage, and 45th in slugging.
- Abreu hopes to build on a three-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .211 with two doubles, a walk and an RBI.
- Andrew Vaughn has 18 doubles, 10 home runs and 19 walks while hitting .288.
- Vaughn ranks 32nd in batting average, 58th in on-base percentage and 58th in slugging in the majors.
- Tim Anderson has 94 hits this season and has a slash line of .312/.353/.415.
- Anderson enters this matchup with five games in a row with at least one hit. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with two doubles and an RBI.
- A.J. Pollock has been key for Chicago with 67 hits, an OBP of .286 plus a slugging percentage of .357.
- Pollock takes a six-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last 10 games he is hitting .273 with three doubles, a home run, four walks and eight RBI.
Athletics Stats & Trends
- The Athletics’ 89 home runs rank 24th in Major League Baseball.
- The Athletics have a team batting average of just .215 this season, which ranks last among MLB teams.
- The Athletics have an on-base percentage of .275 this season, which ranks last in the league.
- The Athletics rank 18th in strikeouts per game (8.4) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 55 homers, an average of 1.1 per game, in 52 road contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .370 in away games this season with 140 extra-base hits.
- In 52 road games this season, they have a batting average of .227 while averaging 7.7 base hits per contest.
Athletics Key Batters
- Sean Murphy has a team-high OBP (.317) and slugging percentage (.428).
- Including all qualified players, Murphy ranks 106th in batting average, while his on-base percentage is 99th and he is 69th in slugging.
- Elvis Andrus is batting .240 with 23 doubles, seven home runs and 29 walks.
- Andrus’ batting average is 109th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage is 116th, and he is 117th in slugging.
- Seth Brown has accumulated 72 hits, a team-high for the Athletics.
- Tony Kemp is batting .217 with 17 doubles, four home runs and 27 walks.
White Sox vs. Athletics Probable Pitchers