Table of Contents
The Miami Marlins (47-55) bring a three-game losing streak into a home matchup against the Cincinnati Reds (40-61) on Monday at 6:40 PM ET. The Marlins are favored (-123) to stop the streak against the underdog Reds (+102). Miami has Jesus Luzardo set to start, while Cincinnati will counter with Hunter Greene.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Marlins vs. Reds
- Game Day: Monday, August 1, 2022
- Game Time: 6:40 PM ET
- Location: Miami, Florida
- Stadium: loanDepot park
Marlins Stats & Trends
- The Marlins are 21st in baseball with 97 total home runs.
- The Marlins are 22nd in MLB with a .237 batting average.
- The Marlins are 24th in the league with a .301 on-base percentage.
- The Marlins’ 8.7 strikeouts per game rank 20th in the league.
- The Marlins have hit 43 home runs at home this season (0.9 per game).
- The Marlins have a .383 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.6 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team is batting .242 with 381 hits (7.9 per game) at home this season.
Marlins Key Batters
- Miguel Rojas leads Miami with an OBP of .291 this season while batting .243 with 19 walks and 27 runs scored.
- Rojas is 103rd in batting average, 134th in on-base percentage, and 133rd in slugging among qualifying hitters in baseball.
- Rojas has recorded at least one hit in eight straight games. In his last 10 games he is hitting .297 with three doubles, three walks and six RBI.
- Jesus Aguilar has an OPS of .670, fueled by an OBP of .286 and a team-best slugging percentage of .384 this season.
- Among qualifying hitters, Aguilar’s batting average ranks him 109th, his on-base percentage 140th, and his slugging percentage 112th.
- Jesus Sanchez leads Miami in total hits (60) this season, and 27 of those have gone for extra bases.
- Joey Wendle has two home runs, 21 RBI and a batting average of .280 this season.
Reds Stats & Trends
- The Reds have hit 98 homers this season, which ranks 20th in the league.
- The Reds rank 16th in MLB with a .242 team batting average.
- The Reds have an on-base percentage of .310 this season, which ranks 20th in the league.
- The Reds rank 22nd in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.8 whiffs per contest.
- They’ve hit 31 homers, an average of 0.7 per game, in 45 road contests this season.
- They are slugging .339 in 45 road games this season.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .228 with 7.6 base hits per contest.
Reds Key Batters
- Brandon Drury has racked up a team-best OBP (.333) and slugging percentage (.520), and paces the Reds in hits (94).
- Drury ranks 46th in batting average, 66th in on-base percentage and 13th in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters in the majors.
- Drury takes a four-game hitting streak into this game. During his last five outings he is batting .353 with two doubles, a home run, three walks and two RBI.
- Kyle Farmer is batting .256 with 20 doubles, six home runs and 23 walks.
- Including all qualified hitters, Farmer is 75th in batting average, 79th in on-base percentage and 116th in slugging percentage.
- Tommy Pham is hitting .238 with 11 doubles, a triple, 11 home runs and 42 walks.
- Joey Votto is batting .218 with 17 doubles, a triple, 10 home runs and 37 walks.
Marlins vs. Reds Probable Pitchers