Table of Contents
Hunter Renfroe leads the Milwaukee Brewers (57-45) into a matchup with the Pittsburgh Pirates (40-62) following his four-hit showing in a 7-2 loss to the Red Sox. The Brewers are moneyline favorites (-215) for this game against the underdog Pirates (+185), which starts at 7:05 PM ET on Tuesday. Corbin Burnes gets the starting nod for Milwaukee, and Bryse Wilson is Pittsburgh’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Brewers vs. Pirates
- Game Day: Tuesday, August 2, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: PNC Park
Brewers Stats & Trends
- The Brewers rank fourth in MLB play with 140 home runs. They average 1.4 per game.
- The Brewers have the 17th-ranked batting average in the majors (.240).
- The Brewers rank eighth in the league with an on-base percentage of .319.
- Brewers hitters strike out 8.8 times per game, the 26th-most in baseball.
- The Brewers average 1.3 home runs per game when playing away from home this season (73 total in road contests).
- The Brewers are averaging 3.1 extra-base hits per game while slugging .409 on the road.
- The club averages 8.2 hits per game and is batting .239 away from home this season.
Brewers Key Batters
- Rowdy Tellez leads Milwaukee with 79 hits, batting .232 this season with 39 extra-base hits.
- Tellez ranks 118th in batting average, 104th in on-base percentage, and 41st in slugging among all qualifying hitters in baseball.
- Christian Yelich is slashing .261/.361/.396 this season and leads the Brewers with an OPS of .757.
- Among qualified hitters, Yelich’s batting average ranks him 66th, his on-base percentage 26th, and his slugging percentage 103rd.
- Yelich heads into this game looking to extend his 10-game hit streak. In his last 10 games he is hitting .366 with five doubles, a triple, nine walks and four RBI.
- Andrew McCutchen is batting .257 with a .394 slugging percentage and 46 RBI this year.
- McCutchen enters this matchup with two games in a row with at least one hit. In his last five games he is batting .286 with two doubles, three walks and an RBI.
- Willy Adames is batting .219 with a .289 OBP and 56 RBI for Milwaukee this season.
Pirates Stats & Trends
- The Pirates rank 16th in Major League Baseball with 103 home runs.
- The Pirates have a team batting average of just .219 this season, which ranks 29th among MLB teams.
- The Pirates have an on-base percentage of .287 this season, which ranks 28th in the league.
- The Pirates rank just 29th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 9.4 whiffs per contest.
- They have averaged 1 home runs per game in their 50 home contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .366 in home games this season with 127 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging 7.1 base hits per game and batting .221 as a team at home this season.
Pirates Key Batters
- Bryan Reynolds has racked up a team-best OBP (.331), and leads the Pirates in hits (79).
- Including all qualifying hitters, Reynolds ranks 84th in batting average, while his on-base percentage ranks 69th and he is 56th in slugging.
- Ke’Bryan Hayes paces his team with a .353 slugging percentage.
- Hayes’ batting average ranks 97th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 91st, and he is 133rd in slugging.
- Michael Chavis has 10 doubles, two triples, 10 home runs and 13 walks while hitting .244.
- Ben Gamel has 12 doubles, a triple, four home runs and 28 walks while hitting .234.
Brewers vs. Pirates Probable Pitchers