Table of Contents
Zack Wheeler will try to collect his 10th victory of the season when the Philadelphia Phillies (55-48) visit the Atlanta Braves (63-41) at Truist Park on Wednesday at 12:20 PM ET. The Phillies are underdogs in the matchup (+119) against the Braves (-140). Atlanta’s Charlie Morton starts against Philadelphia’s Wheeler.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Braves vs. Phillies
- Game Day: Wednesday, August 3, 2022
- Game Time: 12:20 PM ET
- Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- Stadium: Truist Park
Braves Stats & Trends
- The Braves average 1.5 home runs per game to rank second in baseball with 160 total home runs.
- The Braves are 10th in the majors with a .250 batting average.
- The Braves rank 15th in baseball with a .314 on-base percentage.
- Braves hitters strike out 9.3 times per game, the 28th-most in baseball.
- The Braves average 1.5 homers per game when playing at home this season (88 total in home outings).
- The Braves have a .449 slugging percentage and are averaging 3.3 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the team averages 8.5 hits per game and is batting .256.
Braves Key Batters
- Austin Riley leads Atlanta in OBP (.361), slugging percentage (.600) and total hits (120) this season.
- Among all qualified hitters in baseball, Riley ranks 18th in batting average, 25th in on-base percentage, and fifth in slugging.
- Riley has recorded at least one hit in four straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .350 with four doubles, a home run, a walk and four RBI.
- Matt Olson is hitting .251 with 35 doubles, 21 home runs and 52 walks.
- Among qualified hitters, Olson’s batting average ranks him 83rd, his on-base percentage 57th, and his slugging percentage 22nd.
- Dansby Swanson leads Atlanta in slugging percentage (.471) powered by 37 extra-base hits.
- Swanson heads into this game with six games in a row with at least one hit. In his last 10 outings he is batting .359 with a double, four walks and two RBI.
- Marcell Ozuna is batting .224 with a .278 OBP and 42 RBI for Atlanta this season.
Phillies Stats & Trends
- The Phillies have hit 131 homers this season, which ranks seventh in the league.
- The Phillies have a team batting average of .247 this season, which ranks 11th among MLB teams.
- The Phillies have an OBP of .311 this season, which ranks 19th in MLB.
- The Phillies rank 12th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.4 whiffs per contest.
- In 52 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 69 homers, an average of 1.3 per contest.
- In 52 road games this season, they’re slugging .413 with 158 hits going for extra bases.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .246 with 8.6 base hits per contest.
Phillies Key Batters
- Kyle Schwarber has 77 hits, a team-high for the Phillies.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the big leagues, Schwarber ranks 148th in batting average, 111th in on-base percentage and 20th in slugging percentage.
- Rhys Hoskins has 20 doubles, two triples, 20 home runs and 48 walks while batting .249.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Hoskins’ batting average puts him 88th, his on-base percentage is 61st, and he is 36th in slugging.
- J.T. Realmuto has put up an on-base percentage of .337, a team-high for the Phillies.
- Alec Bohm paces his team with a .411 slugging percentage.
Braves vs. Phillies Probable Pitchers