Table of Contents
Yordan Alvarez and the Houston Astros will face Rich Hill and the Boston Red Sox on Wednesday at 2:10 PM.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Alvarez Props for Astros vs Red Sox
- Game Day: Wednesday, August 3, 2022
- Game Time: 2:10 PM ET
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Stadium: Minute Maid Park
Alvarez in 2022
- Alvarez has a team-best batting average of .307, while leading the Astros in home runs (30) and runs batted in (71).
- Alvarez ranks third in home runs and eighth in RBI among all hitters in MLB.
- Alvarez has reached base with a hit 55 times this season in 88 games played (62.5%), including multiple hits on 29 occasions (33.0%).
- Alvarez has hit a long ball in 29.5% of his games in 2022 (26 of 88), 8.2% of his trips to the plate.
Last Five Games
|Red Sox||August 2||1-for-4||0||0||0||2||0||0|
|Red Sox||August 1||0-for-2||0||0||1||1||1||0|
Red Sox Pitching in 2022
- The Red Sox are sending Hill (4-4) out for his 16th start of the season. He is 4-4 with a 4.20 ERA and 58 strikeouts in 70 2/3 innings pitched.
- In 15 games this season, the 42-year-old has an ERA of 4.20, with 7.4 strikeouts per nine innings. Opponents are hitting .250 against him.
- The 8.5 strikeouts per nine innings put together by the Red Sox pitching staff ranks 16th in the league.
- Red Sox pitchers combine to rank 16th in baseball in home runs surrendered (113 total, 1.1 per game).