Table of Contents
The Minnesota Twins (54-49) and the Detroit Tigers (42-63) play on Wednesday at 1:10 PM ET to break a 1-1 series tie. The Twins are favored (-222) to take the contest against the Tigers (+184). Minnesota’s Joe Ryan gets the start against Detroit’s Tyler Alexander.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Twins vs. Tigers
- Game Day: Wednesday, August 3, 2022
- Game Time: 1:10 PM ET
- Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Stadium: Target Field
Twins Stats & Trends
- The Twins are eighth-best in MLB play with 129 total home runs.
- The Twins rank ninth in the majors with a .251 batting average.
- The Twins are sixth in baseball with a .321 on-base percentage.
- The Twins strike out 8.2 times per game, the 10th-fewest mark in the league.
- The Twins average 1.3 homers per game when playing at home this season (64 total in home contests).
- The Twins are slugging .416 with 2.9 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the club averages 8.3 hits per game and is batting .249.
Twins Key Batters
- Luis Arraez has an OPS of .832, fueled by an OBP of .398 to go with a slugging percentage of .434. All three of those stats are tops among Minnesota hitters this season.
- Among qualified batters in baseball, Arraez is second in batting average, fifth in on-base percentage, and 66th in slugging.
- Arraez hopes to build on a five-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .273 with a home run and an RBI.
- Jorge Polanco is hitting .239 with 13 doubles, 14 home runs and 54 walks.
- Polanco ranks 113th in batting average, 42nd in on-base percentage and 79th in slugging in the major leagues.
- Polanco has picked up a hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .176 with a double and four walks.
- Byron Buxton leads Minnesota with 64 hits. He is batting .220 this season and 41 of his hits have gone for extra bases.
- Gio Urshela is batting .264 with a .309 OBP and 44 RBI for Minnesota this season.
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers’ 63 home runs rank last in MLB this season.
- The Tigers have a team batting average of just .227 this season, which ranks 27th among MLB teams.
- The Tigers are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 29th with an OBP of .285.
- The Tigers rank 18th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.5 whiffs per contest.
- They’ve hit 31 homers, an average of 0.6 per game, in 54 road contests this season.
- They are slugging .314 in 54 road games this season.
- In 54 road games this season, they have a batting average of .212 while averaging seven base hits per contest.
Tigers Key Batters
- Javier Baez has put up 77 hits, a team-high for the Tigers.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the majors, Baez’s batting average is 132nd, his on-base percentage is 148th, and he is 114th in slugging.
- Baez hopes to build on a four-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .316 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- Jonathan Schoop is hitting .209 with 16 doubles, a triple, seven home runs and 15 walks.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Schoop’s batting average puts him 145th, his on-base percentage is 152nd, and he is 145th in slugging.
- Jeimer Candelario is hitting .206 with 11 doubles, two triples, 10 home runs and 19 walks.
- Miguel Cabrera has a .321 on-base percentage while slugging .336. Both are team-highs.
Twins vs. Tigers Probable Pitchers