Table of Contents
The Toronto Blue Jays (58-45) are favored (-122) as they look to finish off a sweep of a two-game series against the Tampa Bay Rays (54-49, +103). The series finale begins at 12:10 PM ET on Wednesday. Toronto’s Yusei Kikuchi and Tampa Bay’s Jalen Beeks will take the mound first.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Blue Jays vs. Rays
- Game Day: Wednesday, August 3, 2022
- Game Time: 12:10 PM ET
- Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
- Stadium: Tropicana Field
Blue Jays Stats & Trends
Blue Jays Batting
- The Blue Jays average 1.3 home runs per game to rank sixth in MLB action with 132 total home runs.
- The Blue Jays have a league-high .265 batting average.
- The Blue Jays rank third in baseball with a .329 on-base percentage.
- The Blue Jays strike out 7.7 times per game to rank sixth in the league.
- The Blue Jays average 1.2 homers per game when playing on the road this season (58 total in road outings).
- The Blue Jays are averaging 3.1 extra-base hits per game while slugging .417 away from home.
- The club averages 9.2 hits per game and is batting .259 away from home this season.
Blue Jays Key Batters
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. leads Toronto in slugging percentage (.501) and total hits (111) this season.
- Among all qualifying hitters in baseball, Guerrero’s batting average ranks 33rd, his on-base percentage ranks 27th, and he is 17th in slugging.
- Guerrero has picked up at least one hit in 13 games in a row. During his last 10 outings he is batting .421 with six doubles, a home run, four walks and six RBI.
- George Springer is hitting .251 with 14 doubles, two triples, 18 home runs and 35 walks.
- Springer is 83rd in batting average, 77th in on-base percentage and 39th in slugging among qualified hitters.
- Alejandro Kirk has 92 hits this season and a team-best OBP of .386.
- Whit Merrifield has six home runs, 42 RBI and a batting average of .240 this season.
Rays Stats & Trends
- The Rays rank 23rd in Major League Baseball with 94 home runs.
- The Rays’ .239 batting average ranks 21st in the league this season.
- The Rays have an on-base percentage of .306 this season, which ranks 22nd in the league.
- The Rays are one of the least disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking 26th with an average of 8.9 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 1 home runs per game in their 53 home contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .387 in home games this season with 149 extra-base hits.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .236 with 7.6 base hits per contest.
Rays Key Batters
- Yandy Diaz has accumulated an on-base percentage of .397, a team-best for the Rays.
- Including all qualified hitters in MLB, Diaz is 31st in batting average, sixth in on-base percentage and 98th in slugging percentage.
- Randy Arozarena’s 95 hits and .415 slugging percentage are both team-highs.
- Including all qualified hitters, Arozarena ranks 83rd in batting average, 105th in on-base percentage and 86th in slugging percentage.
- David Peralta is batting .246 with 19 doubles, two triples, 12 home runs and 27 walks.
- Ji-Man Choi is batting .254 with 16 doubles, eight home runs and 40 walks.
Blue Jays vs. Rays Probable Pitchers