Cesar Hernandez will try to get his 100th hit of the season (he has 98) when the Washington Nationals (36-69) play the New York Mets (65-38) on Wednesday at 4:05 PM ET. The Nationals are underdogs (+220) versus the Mets (-269). Chris Bassitt starts for New York while Washington will counter with Anibal Sanchez.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mets vs. Nationals
- Game Day: Wednesday, August 3, 2022
- Game Time: 4:05 PM ET
- Location: Washington D.C.
- Stadium: Nationals Park
Mets Stats & Trends
- The Mets are 16th in MLB play with 104 total home runs.
- The Mets have the fifth-best batting average in the majors (.256).
- The Mets are fourth in the league with a .327 on-base percentage.
- The Mets strike out 7.6 times per game, the third-best average in the league.
- The Mets have hit 58 home runs on the road this season (1.1 per game).
- The Mets are averaging 3.1 extra-base hits per game while slugging .412 away from home.
- The club is batting .259 with 501 hits (9.1 per game) on the road this season.
Mets Key Batters
- Pete Alonso has 105 hits to go with a slugging percentage of .542, both of which are tops among New York hitters this season.
- Alonso ranks 39th in batting average, 36th in on-base percentage, and ninth in slugging among qualified hitters in MLB.
- Francisco Lindor is hitting .261 with 16 doubles, three triples, 19 home runs and 41 walks.
- Among qualifying batters, Lindor is 63rd in batting average, 58th in on-base percentage and 46th in slugging percentage.
- Lindor has picked up at least one hit in nine games in a row. In his last 10 games he is hitting .385 with four doubles, three home runs, five walks and eight RBI.
- Starling Marte has an OPS of .819, fueled by an OBP of .348 and a team-best slugging percentage of .471 this season.
- Marte brings a two-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .318 with a triple, a home run and five RBI.
- Brandon Nimmo has been key for New York with 99 hits, an OBP of .347 plus a slugging percentage of .426.
Nationals Stats & Trends
- The Nationals have hit just 83 homers this season, which ranks 28th in the league.
- The Nationals have a team batting average of .246 this season, which ranks 12th among MLB teams.
- The Nationals have an on-base percentage of .314 this season, which ranks 15th in the league.
- The Nationals rank second in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 7.2 whiffs per contest.
- In 56 games at home this season, they’ve hit 50 homers, an average of 0.9 per contest.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .372 in home games this season with 141 extra-base hits.
- In home games this season, they’re batting .237 with 7.7 base hits per contest.
Nationals Key Batters
- Nelson Cruz is hitting .231 with 15 doubles, eight home runs and 40 walks.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the majors, Cruz’s batting average ranks 122nd, his on-base percentage ranks 101st, and he is 138th in slugging.
- Hernandez’s .309 slugging percentage leads his team.
- Hernandez’s batting average ranks 111th among all qualified players, his on-base percentage ranks 117th, and he is 148th in slugging.
- Luke Voit has a team-high OBP (.317), while pacing the Nationals in hits (67).
- Keibert Ruiz is batting .245 with 18 doubles, three home runs and 22 walks.
Mets vs. Nationals Probable Pitchers