Table of Contents
Shohei Ohtani is just two hits away from his 100th of the season as his Los Angeles Angels (44-61) ready for a matchup against the Seattle Mariners (57-49) on Friday at 10:10 PM ET. The Angels are underdogs (+167) against the Mariners (-199). Seattle has Robbie Ray set to start, while Los Angeles will send out Patrick Sandoval.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Mariners vs. Angels
- Game Day: Friday, August 5, 2022
- Game Time: 10:10 PM ET
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Stadium: T-Mobile Park
Mariners Stats & Trends
- The Mariners are 12th in baseball with 119 total home runs.
- The Mariners are 24th in the majors with a .234 batting average.
- The Mariners are 12th in the league with a .316 on-base percentage.
- The Mariners strike out 8.5 times per game to rank 18th in baseball.
- The Mariners average 1.1 homers per home game this season (53 total at home).
- The Mariners are slugging .385 with 2.7 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team is batting .232 with 375 hits (7.5 per game) at home this season.
Mariners Key Batters
- Ty France leads Seattle with an OBP of .380, plus a team-best slugging percentage of .477.
- Among qualified hitters in MLB, France’s batting average ranks ninth, his on-base percentage ranks 14th, and he is 29th in slugging.
- France will look for his fourth straight game with a hit in this contest. In his last five games he is hitting .353 with a double, a home run, two walks and two RBI.
- J.P. Crawford has 19 doubles, two triples, five home runs and 36 walks while hitting .262.
- Crawford is 60th in batting average, 61st in on-base percentage and 129th in slugging among qualified hitters.
- Adam Frazier has collected 95 base hits, an OBP of .311 and a slugging percentage of .316 this season.
- Frazier has recorded a hit in five games in a row. During his last five outings he is hitting .474 with three walks and three RBI.
- Eugenio Suarez has been key for Seattle with 90 hits, an OBP of .333 plus a slugging percentage of .430.
- Suarez has hit safely in five straight games. In his last five games he is batting .333 with two home runs, three walks and six RBI.
Angels Stats & Trends
- The Angels rank 12th in Major League Baseball with 119 home runs.
- The Angels have a team batting average of just .229 this season, which ranks 26th among MLB teams.
- The Angels have an on-base percentage of .300 this season, which ranks 26th in the league.
- The Angels rank last in strikeouts per game (9.6) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 1 home runs per game in their 49 road contests this season.
- They are slugging .352 in 49 road games this season.
- They are averaging 7.3 base hits per game and batting .217 on the road this season.
Angels Key Batters
- Ohtani has a .508 slugging percentage, which leads the Angels.
- Ohtani is 69th in batting average, 38th in on-base percentage and 17th in slugging percentage among all qualified batters in the big leagues.
- Taylor Ward has a .368 OBP to lead his team.
- Including all qualifying players, Ward’s batting average places him 44th, his on-base percentage is 19th, and he is 37th in slugging.
- Jared Walsh has 18 doubles, two triples, 14 home runs and 20 walks while batting .231.
- Luis Rengifo has 14 doubles, three triples, five home runs and 13 walks while hitting .278.
Mariners vs. Angels Probable Pitchers