Table of Contents
Christian Yelich sits at 98 hits this season, and will try to get his 100th when his Milwaukee Brewers (57-48) square off against the Cincinnati Reds (42-62) on Friday at 8:10 PM ET. The Brewers are favored (-232) over the Reds (+190). Eric Lauer starts for Milwaukee while Cincinnati will counter with Robert Dugger.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Brewers vs. Reds
- Game Day: Friday, August 5, 2022
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Stadium: American Family Field
Brewers Stats & Trends
- The Brewers are fourth-best in MLB action with 145 total home runs.
- The Brewers are 17th in MLB with a .241 batting average.
- The Brewers’ .321 on-base percentage is seventh-best in baseball.
- The Brewers strike out 8.8 times per game, the No. 24 mark in baseball.
- The Brewers average 1.5 homers per home game this season (67 total at home).
- The Brewers are averaging 3.1 extra-base hits per game while slugging .427 in home contests.
- At home this season the team averages 7.9 hits per game and is batting .241.
Brewers Key Batters
- Rowdy Tellez has 84 hits, which is best among Milwaukee hitters this season, while batting .239 with 41 extra-base hits.
- Among qualified batters in the majors, Tellez ranks 116th in batting average, 86th in on-base percentage, and 32nd in slugging.
- Tellez will look for his fourth straight game with a hit in this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .471 with two doubles, a home run, four walks and four RBI.
- Yelich is slashing .261/.361/.391 this season and leads the Brewers with an OPS of .752.
- Among all qualifying hitters, Yelich ranks 62nd in batting average, 27th in on-base percentage and 107th in slugging percentage.
- Willy Adames has collected 74 base hits, an OBP of .290 and a slugging percentage of .467 this season.
- Adames enters this game with four games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is hitting .261 with three doubles, a home run and six RBI.
- Andrew McCutchen is batting .254 with a .324 OBP and 46 RBI for Milwaukee this season.
Reds Stats & Trends
- The Reds rank 20th in Major League Baseball with 98 home runs.
- The Reds rank 19th in MLB with a .240 team batting average.
- The Reds have an OBP of .308 this season, which ranks 20th in MLB.
- The Reds rank 20th with an average of 8.8 strikeouts per game.
- They’ve hit 31 homers, an average of 0.6 per game, in 48 road contests this season.
- They are slugging .330 in 48 road games this season.
- They are averaging 7.4 base hits per game and batting .223 on the road this season.
Reds Key Batters
- Kyle Farmer has a team-best .370 slugging percentage.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Farmer is 93rd in batting average, while his on-base percentage is 86th and he is 126th in slugging.
- Joey Votto’s 62 hits and .335 on-base percentage both pace his team.
- Votto is currently 137th in batting average, 66th in on-base percentage and 102nd in slugging percentage among all qualifying batters.
- Nick Senzel is batting .248 with nine doubles, three home runs and 17 walks.
- Jonathan India is hitting .249 with 10 doubles, seven home runs and 10 walks.
Brewers vs. Reds Probable Pitchers