Table of Contents
Whit Merrifield is only three hits away from his 100th of the season as his Toronto Blue Jays (60-48) ready for a matchup against the Baltimore Orioles (56-52) on Monday at 7:05 PM ET. The Blue Jays are favored (-140) over the Orioles (+119). Toronto has Yusei Kikuchi starting things off, and Baltimore will send out Jordan Lyles.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Blue Jays vs. Orioles
- Game Day: Monday, August 8, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Baltimore, Maryland
- Stadium: Oriole Park at Camden Yards
Blue Jays Stats & Trends
Blue Jays Batting
- The Blue Jays rank sixth-best in MLB action with 139 total home runs.
- The Blue Jays have a league-best .264 batting average.
- The Blue Jays’ .328 on-base percentage is fourth-best in baseball.
- The Blue Jays strike out 7.8 times per game, the seventh-fewest mark in the league.
- The Blue Jays average 1.2 homers per road game this season (65 total on the road).
- The Blue Jays have a .418 slugging percentage and are averaging 3.2 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- On the road this season the team averages 9.2 hits per game and is batting .259.
Blue Jays Key Batters
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. has 119 hits to go with a slugging percentage of .511, both of which are best among Toronto hitters this season.
- Among qualified hitters, Guerrero ranks 28th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 23rd, and he is 13th in slugging.
- Guerrero will look for his 19th straight game with a hit in this matchup. In his last 10 games he is hitting .368 with four doubles, two home runs, five walks and six RBI.
- Alejandro Kirk leads Toronto with an OBP of .383 this season while batting .298 with 41 walks and 48 runs scored.
- Among qualified hitters, Kirk’s batting average ranks him 18th, his on-base percentage ninth, and his slugging percentage 43rd.
- Bo Bichette has 116 hits this season and has a slash line of .262/.303/.424.
- Bichette enters this game with four games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is batting .318 with three doubles, a home run and four RBI.
- Merrifield has been key for Toronto with 97 hits, an OBP of .293 plus a slugging percentage of .353.
Orioles Stats & Trends
- The Orioles have hit 110 homers this season, which ranks 16th in the league.
- The Orioles have a team batting average of .236 this season, which ranks 22nd among MLB teams.
- The Orioles have an OBP of .304 this season, which ranks 24th in MLB.
- The Orioles rank 22nd in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.8 whiffs per contest.
- They have averaged 0.9 home runs per game in their 52 home contests this season.
- In 52 home games this season, they’re slugging .378 with 142 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging 7.9 base hits per game and batting .238 as a team at home this season.
Orioles Key Batters
- Cedric Mullins has put up a slugging percentage of .389, a team-best for the Orioles.
- Including all qualified hitters in MLB, Mullins ranks 64th in batting average, 88th in on-base percentage and 108th in slugging percentage.
- Anthony Santander has collected 96 hits with a .334 on-base percentage to pace his team in both.
- Santander is currently 76th in batting average, 66th in on-base percentage and 48th in slugging percentage among all qualified batters.
- Austin Hays is hitting .258 with 24 doubles, a triple, 12 home runs and 23 walks.
- Ryan Mountcastle has 22 doubles, 14 home runs and 23 walks while batting .252.
Blue Jays vs. Orioles Probable Pitchers