Table of Contents
Ryan Mountcastle has 97 hits this season, and will try to notch his 100th when the Baltimore Orioles (58-52) play the Boston Red Sox (54-58) on Thursday at 7:10 PM ET. The Orioles are the underdog (+106) in this contest against the Red Sox (-126). Boston has Josh Winckowski set to start, while Baltimore counters with Dean Kremer.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Red Sox vs. Orioles
- Game Day: Thursday, August 11, 2022
- Game Time: 7:10 PM ET
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts
- Stadium: Fenway Park
Red Sox Stats & Trends
Red Sox Batting
- The Red Sox rank 17th in baseball with 111 total home runs.
- The Red Sox’s .253 batting average is sixth-best in the majors.
- The Red Sox’s .314 on-base percentage ranks 14th in baseball.
- The Red Sox strike out 8.4 times per game, the No. 17 mark in the league.
- The Red Sox have hit 63 home runs at home this season (1.1 per game).
- The Red Sox are slugging .439 with 3.6 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team is batting .263 with 494 hits (nine per game) at home this season.
Red Sox Key Batters
- Rafael Devers has 118 hits, which is tops among Boston hitters this season, while batting .310 with 55 extra-base hits.
- Among all qualifying hitters, Devers ranks fifth in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 21st, and he is fifth in slugging.
- Xander Bogaerts has a slash line of .307/.378/.447 this season and a team-best OPS of .825.
- Bogaerts’ batting average ranks eighth among qualified players, his on-base percentage 12th, and his slugging percentage 53rd.
- Alex Verdugo has 111 hits this season and has a slash line of .273/.316/.389.
- Verdugo takes a two-game hitting streak into this matchup. In his last five games he is batting .474 with four doubles, a home run, three walks and an RBI.
- Tommy Pham has been key for Boston with 89 hits, an OBP of .316 plus a slugging percentage of .392.
- Pham takes a three-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .217 with a double, three home runs, two walks and seven RBI.
Orioles Stats & Trends
- The Orioles have hit 115 homers this season, which ranks 15th in the league.
- The Orioles have a team batting average of .237 this season, which ranks 22nd among MLB teams.
- The Orioles have the 23rd-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.306).
- The Orioles rank 19th with an average of 8.7 strikeouts per game.
- In 56 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 63 homers, an average of 1.1 per contest.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .398 in away games this season with 181 extra-base hits.
- They are averaging eight base hits per game and batting .234 on the road this season.
Orioles Key Batters
- Cedric Mullins has a slugging percentage of .390, a team-best for the Orioles.
- Including all qualifying players in the majors, Mullins is 66th in batting average, 89th in on-base percentage and 106th in slugging percentage.
- Anthony Santander’s 100 hits and .342 on-base percentage both lead his team.
- Including all qualifying players, Santander ranks 63rd in batting average, 55th in on-base percentage and 35th in slugging percentage.
- Austin Hays has 24 doubles, a triple, 13 home runs and 23 walks while hitting .261.
- Mountcastle is batting .258 with 24 doubles, 15 home runs and 24 walks.
Red Sox vs. Orioles Probable Pitchers