The Philadelphia Phillies (62-48) have a 2-0 series lead and will go for a sweep of the Miami Marlins (49-61) on Thursday at Citizens Bank Park. The Phillies are favored (-157) against the underdog Marlins (+134) in the matchup, which begins at 1:05 PM ET. Kyle Gibson gets the starting nod for Philadelphia, and Edward Cabrera is Miami’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Phillies vs. Marlins
- Game Day: Thursday, August 11, 2022
- Game Time: 1:05 PM ET
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Citizens Bank Park
Phillies Stats & Trends
- The Phillies average 1.3 home runs per game to rank fifth in baseball with 148 total home runs.
- The Phillies have the ninth-best batting average in the league (.250).
- The Phillies are 14th in baseball with a .314 on-base percentage.
- The Phillies strike out 8.2 times per game to rank 12th in baseball.
- The Phillies average 1.4 homers per home game this season (78 total at home).
- The Phillies have a .439 slugging percentage and are averaging 3.1 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club is batting .255 with 480 hits (8.4 per game) at home this season.
Phillies Key Batters
- Kyle Schwarber leads Philadelphia in total hits (86) this season while batting .212 with 50 extra-base hits.
- Among all qualifying hitters in baseball, Schwarber’s batting average ranks 143rd, his on-base percentage ranks 103rd, and he is 17th in slugging.
- Schwarber hopes to build on a three-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is batting .400 with three doubles, a home run, two walks and three RBI.
- Rhys Hoskins has 101 hits this season and a team-best OBP of .341.
- Hoskins is 87th in batting average, 58th in on-base percentage and 23rd in slugging among qualifying hitters.
- J.T. Realmuto has collected 91 base hits, an OBP of .338 and a slugging percentage of .453 this season.
- Realmuto brings a four-game hitting streak into this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .421 with a double, two triples, three home runs and eight RBI.
- Alec Bohm leads Philadelphia with a slugging percentage of .411, fueled by 27 extra-base hits.
- Bohm has safely hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is batting .222 with a double, four walks and two RBI.
Marlins Stats & Trends
- The Marlins have hit 101 homers this season, which ranks 22nd in the league.
- The Marlins’ .236 batting average ranks 23rd in the league this season.
- The Marlins are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking 26th with an OBP of .299.
- The Marlins rank 18th with an average of 8.7 strikeouts per game.
- They’ve hit 57 homers, an average of 1 per game, in 59 road contests this season.
- They are slugging .365 in 59 road games this season.
- They are averaging 7.9 base hits per game and batting .232 on the road this season.
Marlins Key Batters
- Jesus Aguilar has a .390 slugging percentage, which leads the Marlins.
- Including all the qualifying players in the big leagues, Aguilar’s batting average ranks 105th, his on-base percentage ranks 136th, and he is 106th in slugging.
- Miguel Rojas has 14 doubles, a triple, six home runs and 20 walks while hitting .233.
- Including all qualified players, Rojas’ batting average puts him 120th, his on-base percentage ranks 140th, and he is 139th in slugging.
- Garrett Cooper has accumulated an on-base percentage of .349 and has 86 hits, both team-high numbers for the Marlins.
- Joey Wendle is hitting .257 with 13 doubles, two home runs and 11 walks.
Phillies vs. Marlins Probable Pitchers