Andres Gimenez will try to collect his 100th hit of the season (he has 98) when his Cleveland Guardians (58-52) take on the Detroit Tigers (43-69) on Thursday at 1:10 PM ET. The Guardians are favored (-150) over the Tigers (+127). Zach Plesac gets the starting nod for Cleveland, and Garrett Hill is Detroit’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Guardians vs. Tigers
- Game Day: Thursday, August 11, 2022
- Game Time: 1:10 PM ET
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Stadium: Comerica Park
Guardians Stats & Trends
- The Guardians have hit the second-fewest home runs in MLB action this season (86).
- The Guardians are eighth in the majors with a .251 batting average.
- The Guardians rank 18th in baseball with a .313 on-base percentage.
- The Guardians strike out the least in the league, averaging 7 per game.
- The Guardians have hit 54 home runs on the road this season (0.9 per game).
- The Guardians are slugging .402 with 3.1 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- The team averages nine hits per game and is batting .255 away from home this season.
Guardians Key Batters
- Jose Ramirez leads Cleveland in total hits (115) this season while batting .283 with 61 extra-base hits.
- Ramirez ranks 33rd in batting average, 36th in on-base percentage, and eighth in slugging among qualified batters in MLB.
- Ramirez has recorded at least one hit in five games in a row. In his last five games he is hitting .316 with two doubles and two RBI.
- Amed Rosario has an OPS of .738, fueled by an OBP of .323 and a team-best slugging percentage of .415 this season.
- Rosario is 30th in batting average, 86th in on-base percentage and 86th in slugging among qualified hitters.
- Steven Kwan has 107 hits this season and a team-best OBP of .372.
- Kwan has recorded at least one base hit in three straight games. During his last five outings he is hitting .353 with a double, a triple and two walks.
- Gimenez is batting .304 with a .367 OBP and 50 RBI for Cleveland this season.
- Gimenez heads into this matchup on a four-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .350 with a double.
Tigers Stats & Trends
- The Tigers have hit just 65 homers this season, which ranks last in the league.
- The Tigers have a team batting average of just .226 this season, which ranks 28th among MLB teams.
- The Tigers have an on-base percentage of .283 this season, which ranks 29th in the league.
- The Tigers rank 20th in strikeouts per game (8.6) among MLB offenses.
- They’ve hit 34 homers, an average of 0.6 per game, in 57 home contests this season.
- In 57 home games this season, they’re slugging .352 with 126 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging 7.9 base hits per game and batting .241 as a team at home this season.
Tigers Key Batters
- Javier Baez has totaled 81 hits, a team-best for the Tigers.
- Baez ranks 138th in batting average, 148th in on-base percentage and 121st in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters in the big leagues.
- Harold Castro has 15 doubles, two triples, four home runs and 11 walks while batting .291.
- Jonathan Schoop is batting .203 with 17 doubles, a triple, eight home runs and 15 walks.
- Jeimer Candelario is batting .204 with 11 doubles, two triples, 10 home runs and 21 walks.
Guardians vs. Tigers Probable Pitchers