Table of Contents
Nico Hoerner sits at 97 hits this season, and will try to get his 100th when the Chicago Cubs (44-64) play the Washington Nationals (36-75) on Tuesday at 8:05 PM ET. The Cubs are favored (-203) over the Nationals (+169). Marcus Stroman starts for Chicago, and Paolo Espino is Washington’s pick to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cubs vs. Nationals
- Game Day: Tuesday, August 9, 2022
- Game Time: 8:05 PM ET
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
- Stadium: Wrigley Field
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs rank 19th in MLB play with 106 home runs. They average one per game.
- The Cubs’ .242 batting average ranks 15th in MLB.
- The Cubs rank 10th in baseball with a .316 on-base percentage.
- The Cubs strike out 8.9 times per game to rank 25th in the league.
- The Cubs average one home run per home game this season (54 total at home).
- The Cubs have a .399 slugging percentage and are averaging 2.8 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team is batting .252 with 467 hits (8.3 per game) at home this season.
Cubs Key Batters
- Willson Contreras leads Chicago with 87 hits and an OBP of .364 this season.
- Among all qualified batters, Contreras ranks 78th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 21st, and he is 34th in slugging.
- Ian Happ has an OPS of .785, fueled by an OBP of .355 and a team-best slugging percentage of .430 this season.
- Among qualifying batters, Happ is 41st in batting average, 33rd in on-base percentage and 70th in slugging percentage.
- Hoerner is batting .296 with a .412 slugging percentage and 35 RBI this year.
- Patrick Wisdom is batting .220 with a .316 OBP and 52 RBI for Chicago this season.
Nationals Stats & Trends
- The Nationals rank 28th in Major League Baseball with just 88 home runs as a team.
- The Nationals have a team batting average of .247 this season, which ranks 12th among MLB teams.
- The Nationals have an OBP of .315 this season, which ranks 12th in MLB.
- The Nationals have shown patience at the plate this season with the second-best rate of strikeouts per game (7.2) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 0.7 home runs per game in their 54 road contests this season.
- In 54 road games this season, they’re slugging .372 with 134 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging 8.7 base hits per game and batting .256 on the road this season.
Nationals Key Batters
- Nelson Cruz has 15 doubles, eight home runs and 42 walks while hitting .235.
- Including all the qualified hitters in the big leagues, Cruz’s batting average puts him 118th, his on-base percentage is 91st, and he is 136th in slugging.
- Cruz enters this game on a three-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .278 with three walks.
- Cesar Hernandez leads his team with a .306 slugging percentage.
- Including all qualified hitters, Hernandez’s batting average puts him 105th, his on-base percentage is 113th, and he is 147th in slugging.
- Luke Voit has racked up 74 hits with a .327 on-base percentage, leading the Nationals in both statistics.
- Keibert Ruiz is batting .243 with 18 doubles, four home runs and 23 walks.
Cubs vs. Nationals Probable Pitchers