Table of Contents
The Oakland Athletics (41-69) will try to stop a three-game losing streak when they host the Los Angeles Angels (47-63) on Tuesday at 9:40 PM ET. The Athletics (+158) are not expected to end the streak against the Angels (-187). Shohei Ohtani starts for Los Angeles, and James Kaprielian is Oakland’s choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Angels vs. Athletics
- Game Day: Tuesday, August 9, 2022
- Game Time: 9:40 PM ET
- Location: Oakland, California
- Stadium: Oakland Coliseum
Angels Stats & Trends
- The Angels rank 12th in MLB play with 123 home runs. They average 1.1 per game.
- The Angels’ .229 batting average ranks 26th in the majors.
- The Angels are 27th in the league with a .298 on-base percentage.
- Angels hitters strike out 9.6 times per game, the most in the league.
- The Angels average one home runs per road game this season (52 total on the road).
- The Angels are slugging .351 with 2.4 extra-base hits per game away from home.
- On the road this season the club averages 7.3 hits per game and is batting .218.
Angels Key Batters
- Ohtani has 100 hits to go with a slugging percentage of .492, both of which are tops among Los Angeles hitters this season.
- Among qualifying hitters in the majors, Ohtani’s batting average ranks 78th, his on-base percentage ranks 49th, and he is 22nd in slugging.
- Taylor Ward leads Los Angeles in OBP (.362) this season, fueled by 86 hits.
- Among all qualifying players, Ward ranks 44th in batting average, 24th in on-base percentage and 43rd in slugging percentage.
- Ward heads into this game looking to extend his six-game hit streak. In his last 10 games he is hitting .257 with a double, a home run, three walks and three RBI.
- Jared Walsh has 86 hits this season and has a slash line of .228/.274/.397.
- Luis Rengifo is batting .275 with a .315 OBP and 24 RBI for Los Angeles this season.
- Rengifo has hit safely in two straight games. In his last five games he is batting .238 with a double, a home run and an RBI.
Athletics Stats & Trends
- The Athletics have hit 95 homers this season, which ranks 25th in the league.
- The Athletics have a team batting average of just .215 this season, which ranks last among MLB teams.
- The Athletics are among the worst in the league at getting on base, ranking last with an OBP of .276.
- The Athletics rank 17th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.4 whiffs per contest.
- They’ve hit 36 homers, an average of 0.7 per game, in 54 home contests this season.
- In 54 home games this season, they’re slugging .320 with 124 hits going for extra bases.
- In 54 home games this season, they have a batting average of .203 while averaging 6.4 base hits per contest.
Athletics Key Batters
- Sean Murphy has accumulated a team-high OBP (.323) and slugging percentage (.435).
- Including all qualified hitters in the majors, Murphy ranks 87th in batting average, 85th in on-base percentage and 64th in slugging percentage.
- Seth Brown’s 77 hits lead his team.
- Including all qualified hitters, Brown’s batting average places him 115th, his on-base percentage is 129th, and he is 34th in slugging.
- Elvis Andrus is batting .241 with 23 doubles, seven home runs and 29 walks.
- Ramon Laureano is hitting .217 with 16 doubles, 12 home runs and 25 walks.
Angels vs. Athletics Probable Pitchers