J.P. Crawford is just three hits away from his 100th of the season as his Seattle Mariners (59-52) ready for a matchup against the New York Yankees (71-39) on Tuesday at 10:10 PM ET. The Mariners are underdogs (+113) against the Yankees (-134). New York has Gerrit Cole set to start, while Seattle will send out Luis Castillo.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Yankees vs. Mariners
- Game Day: Tuesday, August 9, 2022
- Game Time: 10:10 PM ET
- Location: Seattle, Washington
- Stadium: T-Mobile Park
Yankees Stats & Trends
- The New York Yankees have hit a league-leading 188 home runs, averaging 1.7 per game.
- The Yankees’ .247 batting average ranks 12th in the majors.
- The Yankees’ .332 on-base percentage ranks second-best in baseball.
- The Yankees strike out 8.4 times per game, the No. 16 average in baseball.
- The Yankees average 1.6 home runs per road game this season (86 total away from home).
- The Yankees are averaging 3.3 extra-base hits per game while slugging .445 on the road.
- The club is batting .257 with 482 hits (8.9 per game) on the road this season.
Yankees Key Batters
- Aaron Judge leads New York in slugging percentage (.677) and total hits (122) this season.
- Among all qualifying hitters in MLB, Judge ranks 11th in batting average, seventh in on-base percentage, and first in slugging.
- Judge hopes to build on a four-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .368 with two doubles, a home run, five walks and five RBI.
- Anthony Rizzo has 16 doubles, a triple, 27 home runs and 48 walks while hitting .227.
- Among all qualified hitters, Rizzo ranks 129th in batting average, 42nd in on-base percentage and 13th in slugging percentage.
- DJ LeMahieu leads New York with an OBP of .393 this season while batting .290 with 60 walks and 71 runs scored.
- LeMahieu has logged a hit or more in two straight games. In his last five games he is hitting .250 with two doubles, a home run, four walks and an RBI.
- Andrew Benintendi has been key for New York with 117 hits, an OBP of .382 plus a slugging percentage of .388.
- Benintendi has safely hit in two straight games. During his last five outings he is batting .294 with four doubles, two walks and three RBI.
Mariners Stats & Trends
- The Mariners have hit 124 homers this season, which ranks 11th in the league.
- The Mariners rank 25th in MLB with a .232 team batting average.
- The Mariners have an OBP of .315 this season, which ranks 12th in MLB.
- The Mariners rank 20th in strikeouts per game (8.5) among MLB offenses.
- They have averaged 1.1 home runs per game in their 55 home contests this season.
- In 55 home games this season, they’re slugging .380 with 145 hits going for extra bases.
- They are averaging 7.4 base hits per game and batting .229 as a team at home this season.
Mariners Key Batters
- Ty France has a .373 on-base percentage and a .470 slugging percentage, both team-best numbers for the Mariners.
- Including all qualifying hitters, France is 12th in batting average, while his on-base percentage ranks 14th and he is 31st in slugging.
- Crawford has 19 doubles, two triples, five home runs and 39 walks while hitting .257.
- Crawford is currently 73rd in batting average, 67th in on-base percentage and 130th in slugging percentage among all qualified batters.
- Jesse Winker is hitting .229 with 14 doubles, 11 home runs and 64 walks.
- Eugenio Suarez is batting .230 with 20 doubles, a triple, 18 home runs and 56 walks.
Yankees vs. Mariners Probable Pitchers