Keston Hiura brings a two-game home run streak into the Milwaukee Brewers’ (58-50) matchup against the Tampa Bay Rays (58-50). The Brewers are favored (-157) for this contest against the Rays (+135), which begins at 8:10 PM ET on Tuesday at American Family Field. Milwaukee’s Freddy Peralta and Tampa Bay’s Jimmy Yacabonis will take the mound first.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Brewers vs. Rays
- Game Day: Tuesday, August 9, 2022
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Stadium: American Family Field
Brewers Stats & Trends
- The Brewers are third-best in MLB play with 151 total home runs.
- The Brewers have the 17th-ranked batting average in the majors (.240).
- The Brewers’ .321 on-base percentage is seventh-best in the league.
- The Brewers strike out 8.8 times per game, the No. 21 mark in baseball.
- The Brewers average 1.5 homers per home game this season (73 total at home).
- The Brewers are averaging 3.1 extra-base hits per game while slugging .427 at home.
- The club is batting .240 with 385 hits (7.9 per game) at home this season.
Brewers Key Batters
- Rowdy Tellez leads Milwaukee in total hits (86) this season while batting .240 with 42 extra-base hits.
- Among all qualifying batters in the majors, Tellez is 110th in batting average, 85th in on-base percentage, and 27th in slugging.
- Christian Yelich leads the Brewers with an OPS of .756. He has a slash line of .263/.364/.392 this season.
- Among qualifying hitters, Yelich’s batting average ranks him 60th, his on-base percentage 21st, and his slugging percentage 103rd.
- Willy Adames has collected 76 base hits, an OBP of .284 and a slugging percentage of .461 this season.
- Adames enters this game with two games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is batting .200 with a double, a home run and six RBI.
- Andrew McCutchen has 11 home runs, 48 RBI and a batting average of .252 this season.
Rays Stats & Trends
- The Rays have hit 96 homers this season, which ranks 24th in the league.
- The Rays have a team batting average of .239 this season, which ranks 18th among MLB teams.
- The Rays have the 20th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.309).
- The Rays are one of the least disciplined teams at the plate this season, ranking 27th with an average of 8.9 strikeouts per game.
- They have averaged 0.8 home runs per game in their 54 road contests this season.
- In 54 road games this season, they’re slugging .373 with 148 hits going for extra bases.
- In 54 road games this season, they have a batting average of .243 while averaging 8.5 base hits per contest.
Rays Key Batters
- Yandy Diaz a has .390 on-base percentage to lead the Rays.
- Diaz ranks 39th in batting average, eighth in on-base percentage and 112th in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters in the majors.
- Randy Arozarena paces his team with a .420 slugging percentage.
- Including all qualified players, Arozarena’s batting average places him 69th, his on-base percentage is 91st, and he is 78th in slugging.
- David Peralta has collected 76 hits, a team-best for the Rays.
- Isaac Paredes is hitting .222 with 10 doubles, 14 home runs and 21 walks.
Brewers vs. Rays Probable Pitchers