Table of Contents
The Cincinnati Reds (44-66) take a three-game losing streak into a home matchup against the Chicago Cubs (45-65) on Thursday at 7:15 PM ET. The Reds are favored (-114) to halt the streak against the underdog Cubs (-105). Cincinnati’s Nick Lodolo gets the start against Chicago’s Drew Smyly.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Reds vs. Cubs
- Game Day: Thursday, August 11, 2022
- Game Time: 7:15 PM ET
- Location: Dyersville, Iowa
- Stadium: Field of Dreams
Reds Stats & Trends
- The Reds rank 20th in baseball with 104 home runs. They average 0.9 per game.
- The Reds have the 19th-ranked batting average in the league (.239).
- The Reds rank 21st in baseball with a .308 on-base percentage.
- The Reds’ 8.9 strikeouts per game are the fourth-most in the league.
- The Reds average 1.2 homers per home game this season (67 total at home).
- The Reds have a .421 slugging percentage and are averaging three extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club is batting .254 with 466 hits (8.3 per game) at home this season.
Reds Key Batters
- Kyle Farmer has an OPS of .698, fueled by an OBP of .328 and a team-best slugging percentage of .370 this season.
- Among all qualifying hitters, Farmer is 76th in batting average, his on-base percentage ranks 80th, and he is 120th in slugging.
- Farmer hopes to build on a three-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .368 with a walk and an RBI.
- Joey Votto leads the Reds in OBP (.336) and total hits (66) this season.
- Votto’s batting average ranks 137th among qualified players, his on-base percentage 65th, and his slugging percentage 98th.
- Nick Senzel has 68 hits this season and has a slash line of .247/.304/.316.
- Albert Almora Jr. has been key for Cincinnati with 45 hits, an OBP of .273 plus a slugging percentage of .368.
Cubs Stats & Trends
- The Cubs rank 19th in Major League Baseball with 108 home runs.
- The Cubs have a team batting average of .244 this season, which ranks 14th among MLB teams.
- The Cubs have an on-base percentage of .317 this season, which ranks 10th in the league.
- The Cubs rank 23rd with an average of 8.8 strikeouts per game.
- In 52 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 52 homers, an average of 1 per contest.
- They are slugging .380 in 52 road games this season.
- They are averaging eight base hits per game and batting .232 on the road this season.
Cubs Key Batters
- Willson Contreras has accumulated a team-high OBP (.364), while pacing the Cubs in hits (88).
- Including all qualified hitters, Contreras is 84th in batting average, while his on-base percentage ranks 23rd and he is 35th in slugging.
- Contreras enters this game on a two-game hitting streak. During his last five outings he is hitting .250 with a home run and five RBI.
- Ian Happ is slugging .430 to pace his team.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Happ’s batting average places him 40th, his on-base percentage is 34th, and he is 67th in slugging.
- Nico Hoerner is batting .300 with 14 doubles, three triples, seven home runs and 17 walks.
- Patrick Wisdom is batting .220 with 22 doubles, 20 home runs and 47 walks.
Reds vs. Cubs Probable Pitchers