Table of Contents
Yordan Alvarez has 98 hits this season, and will try to notch his 100th when his Houston Astros (71-41) square off against the Texas Rangers (49-61) on Thursday at 2:10 PM ET. The Astros are favored (-273) over the Rangers (+222). Framber Valdez starts for Houston, and Cole Ragans is Texas’ choice to start.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Astros vs. Rangers
- Game Day: Thursday, August 11, 2022
- Game Time: 2:10 PM ET
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Stadium: Minute Maid Park
Astros Stats & Trends
- The Astros average 1.4 home runs per game to rank third in MLB play with 154 total home runs.
- The Astros’ .240 batting average ranks 17th in the majors.
- The Astros are 12th in baseball with a .316 on-base percentage.
- The Astros strike out 7.4 times per game to rank third in baseball.
- The Astros average 1.4 homers per game when playing at home this season (75 total in home contests).
- The Astros have a .434 slugging percentage and are averaging 3.1 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The club averages eight hits per game and is batting .247 at home this season.
Astros Key Batters
- Alvarez leads Houston with 98 hits and an OBP of .401 this season.
- Among the qualified hitters in MLB, Alvarez’s batting average ranks 23rd, his on-base percentage ranks third, and he is second in slugging.
- Kyle Tucker has 17 doubles, 20 home runs and 49 walks while batting .247.
- Tucker is 95th in batting average, 67th in on-base percentage and 41st in slugging in the majors.
- Tucker has picked up a hit in two straight games. In his last five games he is batting .400 with two doubles, a home run, three walks and five RBI.
- Alex Bregman has collected 96 base hits, an OBP of .357 and a slugging percentage of .420 this season.
- Bregman enters this game with two games in a row with at least one hit. During his last five outings he is hitting .333 with a double and three walks.
- Jose Altuve leads Houston with a slugging percentage of .508, fueled by 43 extra-base hits.
Rangers Stats & Trends
- The Rangers’ 136 home runs rank eighth in Major League Baseball.
- The Rangers rank 19th in MLB with a .239 team batting average.
- The Rangers have the 25th-ranked on-base percentage in MLB this season (.302).
- The Rangers rank 25th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.8 whiffs per contest.
- They have averaged 1.2 home runs per game in their 56 road contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .403 in away games this season with 165 extra-base hits.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .244 with 8.5 base hits per contest.
Rangers Key Batters
- Corey Seager has 103 hits with a .332 on-base percentage, leading the Rangers in both statistics.
- Including all the qualifying players in the majors, Seager is 79th in batting average, 72nd in on-base percentage and 30th in slugging percentage.
- Seager hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. During his last five outings he is hitting .350 with a home run, four walks and three RBI.
- Marcus Semien has 18 doubles, three triples, 16 home runs and 37 walks while hitting .239.
- Including all qualified hitters, Semien ranks 110th in batting average, 128th in on-base percentage and 93rd in slugging percentage.
- Adolis Garcia is hitting .252 with 21 doubles, four triples, 19 home runs and 28 walks.
- Nate Lowe’s .457 slugging percentage leads his team.
Astros vs. Rangers Probable Pitchers