Table of Contents
The Philadelphia Phillies (61-48) will look to J.T. Realmuto, who is currently on a three-game home run streak, when they square off against the Miami Marlins (49-60). The Phillies are favored (-126) in this contest with the Marlins (+105), which begins at 7:05 PM ET on Wednesday at Citizens Bank Park. Philadelphia has Noah Syndergaard set to start, while Miami counters with Sandy Alcantara.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Phillies vs. Marlins
- Game Day: Wednesday, August 10, 2022
- Game Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Stadium: Citizens Bank Park
Phillies Stats & Trends
- The Phillies average 1.4 home runs per game to rank fifth in MLB play with 148 total home runs.
- The Phillies are 10th in the majors with a .250 batting average.
- The Phillies rank 15th in the league with an on-base percentage of .314.
- The Phillies strike out 8.3 times per game, the No. 12 average in the league.
- The Phillies average 1.4 homers per game when playing at home this season (78 total in home contests).
- The Phillies have a .441 slugging percentage and are averaging 3.2 extra-base hits per game at home.
- At home this season the team averages 8.4 hits per game and is batting .255.
Phillies Key Batters
- Kyle Schwarber leads Philadelphia in total hits (83) this season while batting .207 with 49 extra-base hits.
- Among qualified hitters in MLB, Schwarber is 146th in batting average, 109th in on-base percentage, and 20th in slugging.
- Schwarber will look for his third straight game with a hit in this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .316 with two doubles, a home run, two walks and an RBI.
- Rhys Hoskins leads Philadelphia in OBP (.344) this season, fueled by 101 hits.
- Hoskins ranks 80th in batting average, 50th in on-base percentage and 21st in slugging among qualifying hitters.
- Hoskins enters this game looking to extend his five-game hit streak. During his last five outings he is batting .400 with a double, four home runs, three walks and six RBI.
- Realmuto has collected 90 base hits, an OBP of .339 and a slugging percentage of .455 this season.
- Realmuto has picked up a hit in three games in a row. During his last five outings he is batting .368 with a double, two triples, three home runs and eight RBI.
- Alec Bohm has an OPS of .743, fueled by an OBP of .330 and a team-best slugging percentage of .413 this season.
Marlins Stats & Trends
- The Marlins have hit 101 homers this season, which ranks 22nd in the league.
- The Marlins have a team batting average of .235 this season, which ranks 23rd among MLB teams.
- The Marlins have an OBP of just .299 this season, which ranks 26th in MLB.
- The Marlins rank 18th in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.7 whiffs per contest.
- In 58 games on the road this season, they’ve hit 57 homers, an average of 1 per contest.
- In 58 road games this season, they’re slugging .365 with 146 hits going for extra bases.
- In 58 road games this season, they have a batting average of .232 while averaging 7.9 base hits per contest.
Marlins Key Batters
- Jesus Aguilar has accumulated a team-best .391 slugging percentage.
- Including all qualifying hitters in the majors, Aguilar ranks 106th in batting average, 136th in on-base percentage and 103rd in slugging percentage.
- Aguilar hopes to build on a two-game hitting streak in this matchup. In his last five games he is hitting .222 with two doubles, a home run, a walk and an RBI.
- Miguel Rojas is hitting .233 with 14 doubles, a triple, six home runs and 20 walks.
- Including all qualifying hitters, Rojas ranks 119th in batting average, 140th in on-base percentage and 139th in slugging percentage.
- Garrett Cooper has accumulated a team-best OBP (.348), while pacing the Marlins in hits (85).
- Joey Wendle is hitting .257 with 13 doubles, two home runs and 11 walks.
Phillies vs. Marlins Probable Pitchers