Table of Contents
Trey Mancini will try to get his 100th hit of the season (he has 99) when the Houston Astros (71-40) square off against the Texas Rangers (48-61) on Wednesday at 8:10 PM ET. The Astros are favored (-315) over the Rangers (+253). Houston has Justin Verlander starting things off, and Texas counters with Glenn Otto.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Astros vs. Rangers
- Game Day: Wednesday, August 10, 2022
- Game Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Location: Houston, Texas
- Stadium: Minute Maid Park
Astros Stats & Trends
- The Astros rank third-best in MLB action with 152 total home runs.
- The Astros rank 16th in MLB with a .241 batting average.
- The Astros’ .316 on-base percentage is 11th in the league.
- The Astros strike out 7.4 times per game to rank third in baseball.
- The Astros average 1.4 homers per home game this season (73 total at home).
- The Astros have a .436 slugging percentage and are averaging 3.2 extra-base hits per game at home.
- The team averages eight hits per game and is batting .248 at home this season.
Astros Key Batters
- Yordan Alvarez has 97 hits and an OBP of .403, both of which are best among Houston hitters this season.
- Among qualifying batters in the majors, Alvarez’s batting average ranks 20th, his on-base percentage ranks third, and he is second in slugging.
- Alex Bregman is hitting .251 with 26 doubles, 13 home runs and 59 walks.
- Bregman ranks 86th in batting average, 33rd in on-base percentage and 79th in slugging among qualifying hitters.
- Jose Altuve has hit 19 homers with a team-high .513 SLG this season.
- Kyle Tucker has 19 home runs, 68 RBI and a batting average of .242 this season.
Rangers Stats & Trends
- The Rangers’ 136 home runs rank eighth in Major League Baseball.
- The Rangers have a team batting average of .239 this season, which ranks 19th among MLB teams.
- The Rangers have an OBP of .301 this season, which ranks 25th in MLB.
- The Rangers rank 21st in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 8.8 whiffs per contest.
- They have averaged 1.3 home runs per game in their 55 road contests this season.
- In 55 road games this season, they’re slugging .403 with 163 hits going for extra bases.
- In away games this season, they’re batting .243 with 8.4 base hits per contest.
Rangers Key Batters
- Corey Seager has put up 100 hits, a team-high for the Rangers.
- Including all the qualifying hitters in the big leagues, Seager’s batting average puts him 90th, his on-base percentage ranks 78th, and he is 29th in slugging.
- Marcus Semien has 18 doubles, three triples, 16 home runs and 37 walks while hitting .239.
- Semien is currently 109th in batting average, 125th in on-base percentage and 94th in slugging percentage among all qualifying hitters.
- Adolis Garcia has 21 doubles, four triples, 19 home runs and 27 walks while batting .248.
- Nate Lowe leads his team with a .332 OBP, and has a club-best .461 slugging percentage.
Astros vs. Rangers Probable Pitchers