Table of Contents
The St. Louis Cardinals (60-49) visit the Colorado Rockies (49-63) at 8:40 PM ET on Wednesday in a matchup of two of MLB’s most consistent hitters. Paul Goldschmidt has a batting average of .329 (first in MLB) for the favored Cardinals (-159), and Jose Iglesias ranks fourth in MLB play hitting .316 this season for the underdog Rockies (+135). Jose Quintana starts for St. Louis while Colorado will counter with Kyle Freeland.
It’s time to get your parents, spouse, coworkers, third cousin and mailman together again. MLB pools are back! Hit your own home run with RunYourPool today.
Start here >
Game Info, Betting Lines for Cardinals vs. Rockies
- Game Day: Wednesday, August 10, 2022
- Game Time: 8:40 PM ET
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Stadium: Coors Field
Cardinals Stats & Trends
- The Cardinals rank 13th in baseball with 123 home runs. They average 1.1 per game.
- The Cardinals’ .251 batting average is eighth-best in MLB.
- The Cardinals rank sixth in baseball with an on-base percentage of .323.
- Cardinals hitters strike out 7.8 times per game, the fifth-lowest average in baseball.
- The Cardinals average 1.1 homers per road game this season (59 total on the road).
- The Cardinals are slugging .397 with 2.9 extra-base hits per game on the road.
- Away from home this season the team averages 8.7 hits per game and is batting .247.
Cardinals Key Batters
- Goldschmidt has 127 hits and an OBP of .413 to go with a slugging percentage of .609. All three of those stats rank first among St. Louis hitters this season.
- Among qualified hitters in the majors, Goldschmidt’s batting average ranks first, his on-base percentage ranks first, and he is third in slugging.
- Nolan Arenado has 27 doubles, a triple, 22 home runs and 39 walks while hitting .300.
- Arenado is 15th in batting average, 16th in on-base percentage and sixth in slugging in the majors.
- Arenado has picked up at least one hit in seven straight games. In his last 10 outings he is hitting .343 with three doubles, four home runs, six walks and 10 RBI.
- Tommy Edman is batting .258 with a .367 slugging percentage and 38 RBI this year.
- Edman heads into this game with two games in a row with at least one hit. In his last five games he is hitting .333 with a double and three RBI.
- Dylan Carlson is batting .241 with a .310 OBP and 34 RBI for St. Louis this season.
Rockies Stats & Trends
- The Rockies rank 21st in Major League Baseball with 102 home runs.
- The Rockies’ .264 batting average is among the best in baseball, ranking second in MLB.
- The Rockies have an on-base percentage of .326 this season, which ranks fifth in the league.
- The Rockies rank ninth in MLB in strikeouts per game with an average of 7.8 whiffs per contest.
- They’ve hit 67 homers, an average of 1.2 per game, in 58 home contests this season.
- They have a team slugging percentage of .462 in home games this season with 194 extra-base hits.
- In 58 home games this season, they have a batting average of .289 while averaging 9.9 base hits per contest.
Rockies Key Batters
- C.J. Cron has racked up a slugging percentage of .514 and has 118 hits, both team-high figures for the Rockies.
- Including all qualifying players, Cron ranks 38th in batting average, while his on-base percentage ranks 76th and he is 12th in slugging.
- Cron brings a four-game hitting streak into this game. In his last five games he is hitting .261 with three doubles, a home run, a walk and seven RBI.
- Charlie Blackmon is hitting .263 with 17 doubles, four triples, 16 home runs and 25 walks.
- Blackmon is 61st in batting average, 102nd in on-base percentage and 56th in slugging percentage in the big leagues.
- Brendan Rodgers is batting .284 with 24 doubles, two triples, 10 home runs and 30 walks.
- Iglesias has a .358 on-base percentage to lead his team.
Cardinals vs. Rockies Probable Pitchers